FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Jimbok3
It's the money and the young looks :|

And I'm winning
By Jimbok3
Good luck with that, a lot of training is required to do it. Injuries are also common (I looked into it before, plus I'm already on a replacement ACL and rehab sucked so trying not to risk it)
By bananaman
Mind vomit time!!!
If you know any html, you will understand the (fake) html tags I use...

<mindvomit>
I want to build a PC, Prunus serotina var. eximia is awesome, Diospyros texana is an incredible plant with tasty fruit, Latin names are FAR better than common names, Dwarf Fortress is a bawss game, have any of you tried a RAID 0 + 1 system, I want to try it, you should try eating pequin peppers raw, A Chorus Line is a good musical (I'm in it!), Dune is a great book, you should keep a sourdough starter, my Sarracenia flava will flower and give me seeds to donate to the ICPS seedbank, English is a terrible subject, my computer needs a reapplication of thermal paste, as this laptop has way too much put on to it in the factory, so much, in fact, that it acts as an insulator, I am mental vomiting right now, baking is fun, I wonder how big the asteroid Ceres would be if it hit Earth.
Let's say that it has a radius of 500 kilometers, rather than the exact value of 487 km, to make calculations easier. It weighs 9.43 X 10^20 kilograms. This means that it weighs around 1.88 X 10^18 kilograms per kilometer of radius. Only 10-40% of the mass of an object reaches the earth. Let's use 25% for ease of calculations. This means that 2.35 X 10^20 kilograms will hit the earth. This means that when it hits the earth, it would have a radius of 125 kilometers, and a diameter of 250 kilometers. As it hit the surface, this means that the other side of the asteroid would still be outside of the atmosphere! This would surely wipe out all life on earth, but it would be virtually impossible for an object with enough mass to disturb the orbit of Ceres, which is quite stable, in a way that it could hit the earth. I guess that it would have to be at least the mass of Neptune, and it is quite unlikely that something the size of Neptune's orbit could be perturbed enough to pass through the asteroid belt, and in that case, it would be quite unlikely that it could perturb Ceres's orbit in just the right way to hit earth. Anyway, this proves I'm weird, science is better than any other subject, and I hope I didn't scare you with the calculations of how large the largest asteroid in the solar system would be if it hit the planet earth! I hope you don't think that the Earth will be wiped out by Ceres, as that would be STUPID to believe, as I explained above.
</mindvomit>

END OF MIND VOMIT!

I bet my brain now seems wacked out and strange to you folks...

P.S. Sorry for the non sequiters, and I'm winning!
bananaman liked this
By SlightlyObsessive
Jimbok3 wrote:Good luck with that, a lot of training is required to do it. Injuries are also common (I looked into it before, plus I'm already on a replacement ACL and rehab sucked so trying not to risk it)
Hmm I'm not sure it would be the same if you just jumped off the downs anyway. The landscape here isn't as epic
Hello, New to the forum

I wish! These are city slicker deer. No hunting […]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!