FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By pretty
Yep, betta pellets. These are whole and soaked a tiny bit. I had just dropped them on, its curled up around them already this morning. He doesn't seem to mind whole dry portions, but I thought moist might speed things up. I use these for all my plants and fish, crushed powder particles for all the other drosera though.
By Ras
pretty wrote:ya, but i think im losing one of the 5mm babies. you know last year i had no problem getting these to flower and got a bunch of seeds- this time i'm ready and armed with my cinnamon powder so i dont lose another 12-15 babies.
lol yea
by the way I just thought that could be why you lost some of the brevifolia not too long ago, if im not mistaken that plant dies after flowering
By pretty
i didnt lose the ones that flowered, isaac. i lost juvies and babies
the ones i had flower were the size of a quarter, the ones i lost were all smaller then a dime, most of the lost where maybe 5mm across- AND the thread about them, majority saw fungus in the pot.
oh, so 2-3 of the plants i had flowered more then once over the summer and i still have them
By pretty
weekly update 01/03/2012

D. Brevifolia and D. Capensis and the Phoenix. An old long thought dead red or wide d. cape sprout

Mixed mystery seeds,

A small few of the transplanted mystery mix seedlings. There are 24 pots with between 3-7 seedlings each (tried to keep similar looking sprouts together)

New additions
Last edited by pretty on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pretty
Already seeing the extra growth on the seedlings that I was able to feed last week. There is a noticeable difference, very obvious which were fed.

I'm thinking I have at least 4 variety of drosera, and 3 types of pygmy drosera.

Freshly transplanted and added to my collection are the Fly Trap (1) and the Purple Pithers (3)

Also, changed lighting to include 5000k 1600 lumen CFLs in addition to the 2700k 3000 lumen CFLs-
By David F
IF you are exposing those plants to much natural light, they are going to heat up a lot in clear containers, if they're under lights; however, they should fun.
By David F
Good to know, and they look great, which is why I was only questioning skeptically ;), I might do the same, but I'm too worried about algae growing, or slowing my plants' growth by encouraging the roots to grow sides rather than down and sprout seedlings that photosynthesize very little. (submerged in dirt)
By roarke
Below "Dec. 20th - D. Cape (red or wide, not sure yet) sprout from 3 month old thought to be dead root system. And baby D. Brevifolia"
description, the image looks like a tiberium field !

Introduction: In today's modern society, individua[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!