FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss carnivorous plant websites here

Moderator: Matt

By Ae9803
Hey Guys,
Not sure if I can post this here. I hope so, I created this forum about 2 or 3 months ago. We currently have monthly member of the month and picture of the month. If you guys are interested in joining something new, go on over! (Not close to as amazing as this place is :) ) But thanks for looking! We also have a gallery, and a shoutbox as soon as you are accepted! Hope to see ya there!
By pyrotuc
i would love to register but uhh... it wants money.

you should make me an admin though. i can assist you with the technology. people tell me im a computer genius.

i can give you a reciprocal account for my website. its mostly nerd tools. network addressing/DNS tool. web-based cgi-proxy for anonymous, secure and uncensored browsing. scripts to create QR codes on the fly. various calculators and the like. i can add anything anyone wants, too.

i can probably also get you free hosting on dreamhost.com - my brother works for them. you just cover the DNS fee ($10/yr), since it is under a employee's account, you get unlimited bandwidth and every feature free, too. i can probably extend this offer to everyone here. they dont seem to really care. i guess they consider it a free viral-marketing campaign.
By AshG
Pyro, it doesn'tw ant money, just for an upgraded account. If you click register without clicking the checkmark for the upgraded membership, you can do it for free - I just did.
By pyrotuc
i figured it out. since there was a box for "ill give you money" and no box for "my money is mine all mine" i thought maybe it was some sort of premium thing.

i registered and im browsing, the first thing i noticed is that the software they use totally rocks. im a programmer, and usually i go for no frills, and thats definitely a feature frilly site (associating accounts and configuring push messages and exporting statuses OH MY!

think i am gonna like it.
By AshG
I have to say I like the facebook login, I hate filling out login info and trying to remember passwords. I have multiple passwords that are for military sites and they have to have a capital letter, lowercase letter, 2 numbers, and two special characters...it gets frustrating trying to remember them all, lol. Go FB auto-login, ftw!
By pyrotuc
yeah, oauth2.0 is pretty cool. i am working on implementing it for my personal website (http://pyrotuc.com). i use google apps for my domain, so its a google account, so half the work is already done for me. these are the kind of things i do in my spare time for fun (future work training, hopefully)

that site got me looking into gravatar, which seems to have some real cool promise

my passwords are all 16 digits of nonsense. i have a gifted memory. ive also never ever not even once been hacked or other security issues. the best defense is a good offense.

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!