FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
What advice can you give me about tropical sundews winter care ? I may let the artificial lights open and close by how sun is in my country in winter (now is from 08 to 16,30) or let the lights on not 14 hours like now, but 13 or 12 ? Or should i let my lights on as ussual ?
Tropical Drosera Winter Care
Tropical Drosera can be given the same basic care year round.
Code: Select all
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/drosera-care-sheet#tip7
By chtripp
They are tropical and do not need a dormancy, if you reduce light dormancy can be triggered. Keep them on the same photoperiod they already recieve. If you get on Aaron May's site growsundews.com and do a little reading/research, most of your questions you ask will be answered.
By fattytuna
roarke wrote:Drosera capensis alba.
D. capensis are very tough plants.
As long as it gets about 4 hours of direct sunlight or an artificial equivalent, it will grow strongly. (the plant can adapt well to less as well, or even partial sunlight). If it gets too chilly, then it will probably form a hibernaculum. It will basically adapt to any condition you give it, so just do what is convenient for you.
By bananaman
Yes.
They are quite difficult to kill, but you can just give them whatever conditions they had over the summer.
You can keep it under the same photoperiod (mine is under 16 hours a day) as in the summer, or lower the photoperiod if you feel like it.
You can probably keep them outside, as long as it doesn't get below -10 Celcius or so.
It will die back to the roots but regrow if it freezes and it does not have a hibernaculum.

Again, it is pretty indestructable.
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as w[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!