FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By xr280xr
Anyone know where to acquire a Coquillage in the US? Are they super rare? I saw a reply from Matt from 2008 that he was planning to start selling them. What happened there? Would anyone with one be willing to propagate one for me for a little cash (or a trade but I don't have much to offer)?
By Matt
xr280xr wrote:Anyone know where to acquire a Coquillage in the US? Are they super rare?
Yes, right now they are exceptionally rare in the US.
xr280xr wrote:I saw a reply from Matt from 2008 that he was planning to start selling them.
I didn't even have a Coquillage in 2008 and don't remember stating that.. 2008 was the year this site came online. FlytrapStore came online and started selling plants almost 2 years later. I hoped (and still hope) to sell all registered cultivars in the FlytrapStore. We will definitely have some Coquillage for sale next year. But I lost it in TC this year, so the amount we have will be limited.
By xr280xr
Whoops. I was referring to this thread I found in a search: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/post144291.htm . I could've sworn I saw "2008" but it was just this year. Sorry for misquoting you.

I won't get my hopes up for getting one any time soon then. It is a very cool cultivar! I hope it does well for you.
By Matt
Unfortunately I lost it in tissue culture this year! Darn it! So I don't have very many at all. We will offer a few next year for sale, but I'll get it re-established in TC (with any luck) and work on making it more widely available in the US. It is a really cool cultivar :)
Matt liked this

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!