FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By WaSundew
Arrived today:
N. Gentle
N. Alata Lantern
Sarr. Rubra
S. Dana's Delight
S. Scarlet Belle

6.5/10 rating
Plants smaller than described and pictured. Plants colorful and healthy arrival, will try to post pics soon.
By BoothEatsBUGS
I had my 3 neps I ordered from them arrive today, but i had them sent to my moms house, Ill pick them up in the morning when I get off work and post pics showing my experience with them. One thing I can say right now is that it did take them about 4 days to actually send out the plants (something about waiting for payment to clear on Ebay, first time I've had this happen), but once shipped they arrived in 3 days from florida to michigan.
By WaSundew
Here are my Wellspring Photos:

Sarracenia "Dana's Delight" Sideshot. Does anyone know what this hybrid is a cross of? You will get thanked if you know and post it...
S. "Dana's Delight" Aerial
S. Rubra Sideshot
S. Rubra Aerial
S. "Scarlet Belle" Sideshot. Does anyone know what this hybrid is a cross of? You will get thanked if you know and post it...
S. "Scarlet Belle" Aerial
Nepenthes "Gentle(fusca x maxima)" Sideshot. As you can see, there was one very small pitcher and the pitcher is now dead.
N. "Gentle" Aerial
N. Alata "Lantern" Sideshot. This plant was larger than Gentle, yet no pitchers. Does anyone know what this hybrid is a cross of? You will get thanked if you know and post it...
N. Alata "Lantern" Aerial

My purchase: now a 6/10 rating, the plants were not as depicted, yet healthy
Last edited by WaSundew on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
By BoothEatsBUGS
I got three plants from them, all are healthy except my Alata, it seems to be struggling a bit. At 5 bucks a piece you cant really complain about getting small plants, but yes the pics are decieving since they picture adult plants.
By AshG
S. X "Dana's Delight" is S. Leucophylla X S. Willisii

S. "Scarlett Belle" is S. Leucophylla x S. Psttacina

As for the N. Alata "Lantern" - Wellsprings has it marked down as "N. Rebecca Soper?" - so, no clue, but from my google search, that seems to be what anyone could come up with.
AshG liked this
By AshG
BoothEatsBUGS wrote:I got three plants from them, all are healthy except my Alata, it seems to be struggling a bit. At 5 bucks a piece you cant really complain about getting small plants, but yes the pics are decieving since they picture adult plants.
Not so much, just like everything on ebay, you have to read the description. It does say clearly that they are in 2.5 or 3 inch pots. I know those tend to be hard to imagine but the ones I've gotten have grown super fast, though I will admit I repotted them fairly soon because I didn't care for the media. They did come nice and soaking wet and I preferred bigger pots with better and more airy media.
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!