FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By WaSundew
What do you guys think on Wellspring Gardens? They have really cheap Neps on eBay. Is it trustable or to good to be true? Open to all opinions! Please post your input if you've had experience with the Gardens.
By WaSundew
AshG wrote:I have gotten several Nep's from them, they come very well packaged and look great.

Here's some that I got from them:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much would you rate them?
By AshG
Definitely a 8/10 - the plants are small, but face it, you're only paying about $5 for the plant (though $6.99 for shipping, but worth it, they double box it and it's seriously well packed)

I have a N. X Miranda on the way, I can take a pic when it gets here of how it's packed, etc...should be here Wednesday or Thurs.
AshG, AshG liked this
By AshG
No prob, I ordered one to test them out a few weeks ago and while it didn't like being shipped (dropped pitchers) it is getting new ones and is in good shape. The only complaint I'd give it was that the media was really soppy wet, but it was packed with newspaper, taped over, etc and well protected so none of it spilled out.
By AshG
LOL! Yeah...I've ordered one of every Nep they have now. The only thing is shipping is a bit slow, but they do wait to ship if your weather is sucky, so I've experienced a bit slower shipping - they are good about making sure they won't freeze in transit. Though, they come out of Tampa and straight to Rochester, then to my house so they don't get much of a chance to freeze, and my mailman is awesome and brings live plants to my door if I'm not waiting for him at the mailbox, since I commented that if they freeze they are toast!
By WaSundew
AshG- What is your method for keeping the neps warm? Do you have a hothouse or do they adapt really well? The coldest my house gets in the winter is 65 F. I see that u r I'm USDA zone 4 so this Os why I'm curious...
By WaSundew
AshG- What is your method for keeping the neps warm? Do you have a hothouse or do they adapt really well? The coldest my house gets in the winter is 65 F. I see that u r I'm USDA zone 4 so this is why I'm curious...
By AshG
I keep them inside, obviously, but I keep my house really warm because I hate the cold! My house might get as low as 60 on some days, but my plants are in my laundry room and the dryer keeps it pretty toasty in there.
AshG liked this
By WaSundew
AshG wrote:I keep them inside, obviously, but I keep my house really warm because I hate the cold! My house might get as low as 60 on some days, but my plants are in my laundry room and the dryer keeps it pretty toasty in there.
Great idea!!
By AshG
Yeah, I intended on the laundry room being cooler since it's not heated, but just the opposite, warmest room in the house *(especially doing laundry for a family of 6)
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!