FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Kbud
Hi all!

I just wanted to do a show-and-tell about this one book I got from my local library. It has the longest title I've ever seen from a book! Anyway, if you do what I do, and want to grow totally awesome and unusual plants. It is called Growing Tasty Tropical Plants...... and it goes on for like, forever!!! Anyway, here's the link on Amazon if you want to see it: http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Tasty-Tro ... cal+plants. What I like about it is that the book covers everything from sugarcane to vanilla and how to use it. The bad thing is, now I'm constantly on the lookout for these plants. All in all, it covers about 40 plants and how to use them, including favorite spices, like cinnamon, sugarcane, peppercorn, etc. Anyway, that's my show and tell.

Kbud
Kbud, Kbud liked this
By Kbud
I can honestly say, no, but it does cover such cool plants that are quite unusual as starfruit, papaya, mango, citron, almost any citrus fruit, coffee, tea, peppercorns, etc. So far as I know, the fruits you mentioned, are specific to several countries and are not commonly consumed here. I could be wrong though - your name isn't bananaman for nothing! Oh, by the way, it does cover an unusual plant, a substitute for tea, called Yerba Mate. Have you ever heard of it cause I sure haven't!

Thanks,
Kbud
Kbud liked this
By roarke
Kbud wrote:I can honestly say, no, but it does cover such cool plants that are quite unusual as starfruit, papaya, mango, citron, almost any citrus fruit, coffee, tea, peppercorns, etc. So far as I know, the fruits you mentioned, are specific to several countries and are not commonly consumed here. I could be wrong though - your name isn't bananaman for nothing! Oh, by the way, it does cover an unusual plant, a substitute for tea, called Yerba Mate. Have you ever heard of it cause I sure haven't!

Thanks,
Kbud
Yerba mate gives you more energy than a tea, as i read somewhere.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!