FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By BoothEatsBUGS
Updates in comments!

I'm stealing my own thread and using it to update my collection. It has been a while since my last update, here's a TON of photos of most my plants!

Enjoy!

N. Stenophylla

N. Pastoral, there were like 4 sprouts in this pot, but I lost 3 of them due to watering system malfunction :(

Nepenthes area, you can see the self watering system above my plants

Basal shoot from my first CP ever, N Ventricosa x Boschiana, even the shoot is putting out huge pitchers!

My first CP, Ventricosa x Boschiana

N. Maxima x Boschiana

N ventricosa x Boschiana new pitcher coming up, this thing is HUGE and it's not done growing yet lol

N. Maxima 'Giant' opened its first pitcher!

N. Griffen this plant has never done well for me lol

N. ??? I bought this as a 'poi dog' random hybrid from sarracenia northwest. It has been vegging like crazy but has yet to put out a pitcher. I think it finally is going to throw up some traps.

N. (inermis x Sangalana) x Mira

N. (inermis x Sangalana) x Mira Pitcher

N. Miranda out of shipping shock, and throwing up a new pitcher!

N. Alata still in shock, I hope it survives, although it looks like it has new growth coming in.

N. Carmen

N. Carmen Pitcher

N. Ventricosa 'Black peristome' Very finicky grower for me

N. Ventricosa pitcher

N. Sanguinea

N. Sanguinea pitcher

Moss that I strewn about my bog is growing like MAD!

My flood and drain bog

P. Moctezumae

P. Moctezumae flower, my only ping that has flowered for me

P. X Sethos

P. Aphrodite

P. Jaumavenensis

VFT seedlings and seeds from FTS :)

P. Moranensis

P. Moranensis babies!

My new cephalotus! I haven't killed this one!

D. Lantau Island

D. Tokaiensis x rotundiflora plus a bunch of little baby sundews and other sundew species. any idea what that non sundew plant in the picture is?

Mystery plant in my Drosera pot. Any ideas? I'm going to let it grow because it looks cool :)

D. Nidiformis

D. Nidiformis

Two D. Adelae that died in the mail. There's now a total of 7 plantlets growing from the dead plants :)

D. Spatulata frasier island

D. spatulata, this guy didnt like being repotted

D. Capensis Alba

D. Capensis all red

N. Raven, too big for the rainforest, I'm going to build this guy it's own auto watering system.

That's all for now! Thanks for looking!
Last edited by BoothEatsBUGS on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 11 times in total.
By BoothEatsBUGS
I've got them under a 4 bulb T5 ballast, 6400k. I have an ultrasonic humidifier that runs almost 24/7, so daytime temps are around 75f, and 66 at night, average 55-60% humidity during the day and about 80 to 90% at night which cuts down on waterings. I grow all of them as intermediates basically. A few of them got stressed when I went away for a week for work and the roomate didn't water my plants like I asked, but they're recovering!
By Ginsburg
AWESOME collection you've got there! Thanks for sharing.
Glad I'm not the only one with an addiction to this forum - check it more times then facebook :) :)
I've been playing with the idea of buying another kind of CP besides my favorite (VFT) - which would you say are the next best to buy and what makes them interesting in your opinion?
By BoothEatsBUGS
Honestly, after I bought a bunch of VFTs I started getting into Nepenthes, then Sundews, now butterworts. Honestly if you want something EXTREMELY easy to grow/propagate, then I highly suggest butterworts, theyre almost impossible to kill lol, plus theyre cool looking little plants.
By BoothEatsBUGS
I tend to keep my dew soil slightly more moist than any of my.other plants. I water with the tray method. Lots of light and nutrient poor soil. That's about it. Sundews are very easy to grow.
BoothEatsBUGS liked this
By pieguy452
Be careful not to spray water onto the sundew itself, it weakens the sticky enzymes and it can stress the plant out if it is done frequently.
pieguy452 liked this
By BoothEatsBUGS
^Yeah this is also true, I was misting my dews until the leaves started turning brown, they've come back once I stopped doing that and started tray waterihng them again. Currently working on a hydroponic setup for my dews/pings.
Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!