FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Spooky1
I'm only posting this on two forums so it doesn't become tedious for multiple forum members:
Any N. hamata, macrophylla or edwardsiana seeds around, I don't mind going the snail route to save some cash. It hasn't become an obsession yet but could with OCD working in the background. Maybe even small plants? I have been carrying the nickname "Spooky" since I was a kid so it seems appropriate that I should have some wickedly spooky looking Nepenthes.
Thanks!
By RL7836
Any seeds that you find listed as any of these three species are likely:

- poached from the wild
- some other species
- not viable

I don't think that any of them have had both male & female flowers in captivity - especially within a similar timeframe.
RL7836 liked this
By Ae9803
On top of that, its going to be super extremely rare for you to obtain any of those seeds. And normally they sale more than just a few dollars.
By Spooky1
Did I mention that I have a Dionaea, it's plain and ordinary but still fun?
On acquiring anything you never know until you ask, I found reasonably priced seedling N. hamata's at a Drosera gemmae store and bought 2 and had I been there last spring could have acquired seedling edwardsiana's. He also has a seedling macrophylla now but I am out of $$$ for now. The first hamata arrived last week and definately is a hamata and that is why I grabbed another. I changed my position about acquiring seeds of the harder to get species because of how fragile they are. I have more than a thousand Nep seeds of 10 different species in germination units right now due to start sprouting any day but who knows how old they were when I received them.
I live alone and my kids are grown and being retired I can pursue my obsessions without hindrance. Not picking on marriage but I would rather have my hobbies and toys than a warm body to reel me in.
N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!