FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By grant
The big jade plant is my brothers. Thats what I want mine to eventually look like. But mine is pretty small, as you can see in the second picture :D

And Im not really sure what the difference, if any, is between jade plants and trees. My buddies mom has a jade plant that is more like a bush and it has smaller leaves. But when I first got mine, I was researching online; and I read that is just depends on how you prune them... I dont know. They look nice, regardless.

PS - sorry, Matt. I guess I could have put this somewhere else...
Attachments:
ians jade plant.jpg
ians jade plant.jpg (21.66 KiB) Viewed 4438 times
IMG_3744.JPG
IMG_3744.JPG (28.62 KiB) Viewed 4438 times
Last edited by grant on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mktamin
Nice plants! My mom is growing jade plants in our backyard, and it makes the yard look really nice.
By Adam
I've always liked the Jade plant. My grandparents used to have one and I loved it as a small kid.
By mkburleson
I just planted a rooted cutting off of one of my grandmother's Jade Plants. The plants are about 30 to 35 years old & resemble a large bush. She got them when I was a child.

Mary :)
By Adam
Can you sprout a new plant from a leaf?

Or do you need a branch?

Rooting powder is needed?
By mkburleson
Adam wrote:Can you sprout a new plant from a leaf?

Or do you need a branch?

Rooting powder is needed?

My sister has the original Jade Plants now. She lives 400 some miles south of us. She just broke off a piece of the plant not much bigger than the cutting in Grant's second photo, potted it up in some soil & kept it moist & watered just like the parent plant. When we were visiting last month I brought it home.

I think that Jade is a pretty hardy plant, but the only experience I have is with these particular plants. I do not think you can grow one of these from just a leaf, but as long as you have a small part of the branch with some leaves you should be able to root it.

Again; I do not have alot of experience with these plants

Mary :)
By mkburleson
Grant, is your cutting from your brother's plant I assume? I really like that plant. I had no idea they could grow like that.

Mary :mrgreen:
By kevinqwe
i like ripping the leaves because they come off easily and throw it at people :!: :lol: :lol:
By grant
mkburleson wrote:Grant, is your cutting from your brother's plant I assume? I really like that plant. I had no idea they could grow like that.

Mary :mrgreen:
No. Its actually from the Botany club, or something to that effect, at my school. I almost didnt want it, because it was so small. But, I think that will make it even cooler if I have it for 30 years or whatever :D
kevinqwe wrote:i like ripping the leaves because they come off easily and throw it at people :!: :lol: :lol:
wow... ;)
By Matt
That's a very cool Jade tree that your brother has Grant. And no worries about posting this here. I don't really have a place for photos of other plants...I guess I could move the thread to the Non-carnivorous plants forum, but it's fine here.
By watnazn
I have one in my backyard, there easy to care for like a cactus.
By grant
watnazn wrote:I have one in my backyard, there easy to care for like a cactus.
Yeah. I think they are succulants.
Matt wrote:That's a very cool Jade tree that your brother has Grant. And no worries about posting this here. I don't really have a place for photos of other plants...I guess I could move the thread to the Non-carnivorous plants forum, but it's fine here.
Cool. Yeah, I just thought it might get more visits here... and there are no other photo sections, even thought this one is titled "vft photos"... :D :D
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!