FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By AshG
You're right Daniel, my Leuco's are pretty, the HCW and the tarnok are getting lots of pretty new growth. My S. X Judith Hindle, S. Rubra, and S.X "Dana's Delight" are starting to show the effects of fall. Especially the Rubra, it's traps look like garbage. My S. X "Love Bug" has a new growth bud but nothing spectacular.

My D. Spatulata's came back with vengeance and look great, but my VFT's show the beginning of dormancy.
By CPcaregiver
WISTERIA!! :mrgreen:
Ahh, Wisteria. I'm going to tell a little story.
When I lived in north Florida, this invasive vine was EVERYWHERE. Covering groves of trees and blanketing telephone poles, it was a sight to behold.
The flowers are purple-blue, and beautifully scented.. When this stuff blooms in late summer and mid spring, you'd think the clouds turned purple!
Unfortunately I don't any pictures, so here's one from offline that's the same color/species.
Attachments:
Not my pic, but the sky looked like this!
Not my pic, but the sky looked like this!
Wysteria in bloom.jpg (19.68 KiB) Viewed 3122 times
By AshG
Beautiful!

I just ordered seeds for this

So pretty, I'm going to put them behind my Sarr's to attract more bugs for them to eat...evil, but seems legit!
By Jimbok3
CPcaregiver wrote:WISTERIA!! :mrgreen:
Ahh, Wisteria. I'm going to tell a little story.
When I lived in north Florida, this invasive vine was EVERYWHERE. Covering groves of trees and blanketing telephone poles, it was a sight to behold.
The flowers are purple-blue, and beautifully scented.. When this stuff blooms in late summer and mid spring, you'd think the clouds turned purple!
Unfortunately I don't any pictures, so here's one from offline that's the same color/species.
it depends on the species of wisteria, some are non invasive (we had one it Michigan that only grew up a pole and we never had to prune it). the one in our yard here in VA looks like a small tree, it actually prevented a tree from falling on our house after hurricane Irene. i'll try to post a pic of it. :)
By CPcaregiver
Jimbok3 wrote:it depends on the species of wisteria, some are non invasive (we had one it Michigan that only grew up a pole and we never had to prune it). the one in our yard here in VA looks like a small tree, it actually prevented a tree from falling on our house after hurricane Irene. i'll try to post a pic of it. :)
I know, but this was the Chinese Wisteria. I tried growing one from seed, but it didn't like me. :(
By Jimbok3
CPcaregiver wrote:
Jimbok3 wrote:it depends on the species of wisteria, some are non invasive (we had one it Michigan that only grew up a pole and we never had to prune it). the one in our yard here in VA looks like a small tree, it actually prevented a tree from falling on our house after hurricane Irene. i'll try to post a pic of it. :)
I know, but this was the Chinese Wisteria. I tried growing one from seed, but it didn't like me. :(
oh, the chinese wisteria is a pain!! 8-) that stuff can smother plants and do damage to houses
By Jimbok3
It definitely does look better after doing major structural damage to a building... :lol:

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!