FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By cyph3r_gfy
AshG wrote:I remember that one, New Earth. She was still obnoxious IMO. I loved it when they blew her into pieces in the first episode.

I've seen the end of season 2, but I liked Rose better than Donna. I haven't seen all of them, I'm working my way through on Netflix right now, since I've seen scattered episodes over the last several years. I finished Sons of Anarchy 2 weeks ago or so and needed something new.
Sons of Anarchy is in my instant queue. Been hesitant on starting it, as I tend to not get things done for a few days when I start a new series. (back to back to back to back episodes)
By AshG
It's good and I had the same problem...it gets addictive and I have no problem staying up until 4 AM watching something good. My bedroom TV is a 55" flatscreen, built in wifi and netflix, so when I go to bed I flip it on to watch "just one" and 6 hours later I debate on how I"m going to function in the morning. :)
My husband falls right asleep with the TV on, first episode and he's snoring away. I wish I could do that.
By cyph3r_gfy
Yeah, can't even take the woman to a movie DURING THE DAY... she's out in 20 minutes. Me on the other hand, if it's new I'll watch and continue watching. I only fall asleep to stuff I've seen before. I consume media at an astronomical rate. My go to sleep show right now is Ancient Aliens, only because Giorgio's hair is so bad it's awesome. But it puts me to sleep none-the-less.
By AshG
I can't watch TV to fall asleep, the next thing I know it's 4 AM and I have to be up in 2 1/2 hours...

Now, I'm listening to audio books to fall asleep, War of the Worlds is the choice for now. I know the story already and it's soothing (ok, I'm warped I guess if the destruction of mankind is soothing) but I was out in less than 10 minutes last night.
By Daniel_G
I love War of the Worlds. Best story ever!

P.S It's not warped if you enjoy the destruction of mankind.... unless I count as warped too.
By cyph3r_gfy
AshG wrote:I can't watch TV to fall asleep, the next thing I know it's 4 AM and I have to be up in 2 1/2 hours...

Now, I'm listening to audio books to fall asleep, War of the Worlds is the choice for now. I know the story already and it's soothing (ok, I'm warped I guess if the destruction of mankind is soothing) but I was out in less than 10 minutes last night.
Used to do that, and bought all the harry potter's on audio book. It's too stinkin expensive though. Though I have to admit, I was out within moments. The trick, for me at least, was to focus on the voice and stop letting the brain wander.
By AshG
I found a site online that I just send my iphone to that does it by chapter. They are all old books that no longer have limitations to their uses, such as Edgar Allen Poe, H.G. Wells, etc.

Last night I had a harder time, I could hear snoring. My husband has been in California for weeks. It ended up being my next door neighbor, our bedrooms share a wall, but like mine, their bed is in the middle of the room. Dude must snore super loud! I guess I hadn't noticed before because my husband snores loudly too and probably drowned him out.

I asked my neighbors wife this morning and she said it was definitely him. Cracked me up.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!