FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Travs
So i have some plantlets of d. Admirabilis from root cuttings all in one small pot. All in all id say there are currently 9-10 plantlets and i am amazed at how fast they are growing and how big they have already grown. The problem im having is this, the two oldest plantlets (by that i mean the two i first noticed sprouting up) are right beside each other and only maybe a centimeter or two separates them. I wasn't worried about it at first because they were so small but now they are starting to overlap each other. I am worried this may be bad for them but i really dont know. I am thinking about trying to move one of them but i have no idea how to do this or if it is a wise decision at all. Any one have any advice for me? Im sorry i have no way of taking and posting a picture of them right now but if it helps at all they both have 8 leaves altogether and are already covered in dew so they arent teeny tiny plantlets but still very small... srry hope that helps
By roarke
You can move one if they are to many or leave them a while, than do it. First, try to dug about one inch around your plant, the one you want to digg out, with a tool or something, but not sharp. than you can dig with your fingers, slowly and feel the roots with your fingers. If you hear small crack noises, some root pieces have broken. But that is rare. Next, when you feel and think that, with your fingers, have dug enough and you can raise up your plant, do it slowly. You can do it from the start with your fingers, but use first a tool. It is possible that your plant could be an a bad visual shape after you move it in another place (about a week or so it is possible that the dew will decline), but it will recover. Next, images of one drosera capensis moved two times (yet to recover) and the second image of some drosera capensis that have started to recover (dew appeared). The last image is a tool example you can use ( or a plastic spoon). Some times in the future, you have to flush your plants, a few times (let the distilled water run trough the bottom), if the soil will get to acidic.
ImageImageImage
roarke liked this
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!