FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
They are like dust, some are black, but many are light brown (the light brown ones are more fragile and more dust like than the black dust like) . My brother says that they are not seeds, but polen, even that i told him that the seeds came from the pods and not from the dried out anther and that the pollen is microscopic. A my final question is :
When i get them on my finger is hard to get them of. How then, if they are really seeds, to put them in a pot, if they are hard to even be picked and impossible space them out, in the pot ?
By LarryBoy99
the capensis seeds are as small as a grain of sand and circular(they roll around like crazy and are hard to pick up even with tweezers lol). those dont look like seeds too me but plant them and see what happens. Cant hurt.
By roarke
If you mean circular like drosera glanduligera, no, you are wrong for my case. In my case they are like in the site below (wich you should compare if you want with yours).
Code: Select all
http://www.honda-e.com/A04_Seed%20Library/05_SeedLibrary02.htm
By fattytuna
I usually spread the seedlings evenly after they have germinated.

To sow the seed, I normally get them on a piece or paper (or the ripped envelope in which they came) and give the paper a very light flick. This seems to distribute them (albeit unevenly). A few weeks after they germinate, I transfer spread the mass of seedlings into individual pots. D. capensis seedlings are quite hardy.
fattytuna liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!