FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Submit a photo to enter the contest or vote for your favorite photo submission

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Hello FlytrapCare members,

The seventh FlytrapCare photo contest is about to begin! The carnivorous plant photo contest will open for on submissions Monday, August 27th. The rules are as follows:

Photo Contest Rules:
1. One carnivorous plant photo submission per user; your submission is final.
2. The photo must be no more than three months old and must be of a plant you own.
3. The photo can be of any species of carnivorous plant, but the plant species must be included with your post (although, i.e. "Sarracenia unknown hybrid" is acceptable). The make/model of camera that took the pic is not required, but should be included if known. Camera settings like exposure time, aperture setting and ISO setting would also be nice, but are not required.
4. The plant must have been in your possession for at least 3 months.
5. You must post your country of residence along with your submission.
6. Photo contest entrants must have a FlytrapCare "Joined" date of July 27, 2012 or earlier (some exceptions can be made).

Submissions can be made by uploading the photo directly to this forum (once the contest starts) or uploading the photo to the community portion of the site (http://www.flytrapcare.com/carnivorous- ... oader.html) and posting a link to them here.

Please upload your photos to the August/Sept 2012 FlytrapCare Photo Contest Official Submission Thread

The contest is open for submissions for 14 days, closing the evening of September 10th. After the contest closes for submissions, a poll will be made from all of the submitted photos and every forum member will have three votes for the photos that they like the best. Voting will be open for 10 days, starting the morning of the 11th and ending the morning of September 21st. Each person will be allowed to vote for up to three photos.

Winners will be announced shortly after the contest closes.

Now, for the part you've all been waiting for....the prizes! Top three finishers will receive prizes.

Photo Contest Prizes:

For winners in the US:
1st - Dionaea muscipula "Mirror"
2nd - Dionaea muscipula "Trichterfalle"
3rd - Dionaea muscipula "Square Teeth"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
For winners in the UK the prizes will be (thanks to Grey):
1st - Large pinguicula bundle! Contains various sizes/ages: 3x P. weser, 3x P. esseriana, 2x P. cyclosecta
2nd - Medium pinguicula bundle! Contains various sizes: 2x P. weser, 2x P. esseriana, 1x P. cyclosecta
3rd - Small pinguicula bundle, contains small sizes: 1x P. weser, 1x P. esseriana, 1x P. cyclosecta

For winners in Australia, the prizes will be very generously provided by John (snapperhead51) and are:
1st - Nepenthes lowii x campanulata - pitcher size 120mm
2nd - Cephalotus follicularis - mature plant 20mm traps
3rd - Sarracenia flava hybrid coming out of dormancy - pitcher size will be 300mm when in pitcher

For winners in other countries, the prizes will be:
1st - Three packets of Dionaea seeds from the FlytrapStore
2nd - Two packets of Dionaea seeds from the FlytrapStore
3rd - One packet of Dionaea seeds from the FlytrapStore

All plant prizes will ship bare root (not potted and without soil).

Additionally, the top three places will receive a FlytrapStore T-shirt (sizes are limited to L and XL)!

To be clear, there are NOT three winners in the US, and three in the UK, and three in Australia and three in other countries. There are three winners total, and if you're one of the three, you can figure out what prize you'll get based on where you live and the prize lists above.

I want to say that I'm very thankful to John and Grey for being willing to donate some seriously awesome prizes to the contest.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. I very much look forward to seeing some awesome photos of carnivorous plants!
Matt, Matt, Matt and 2 others liked this
By Cloudy Sky
Darn it, guess I won't be able to compete this time. My oldest plant is dead and still not 3 months old. Lol. I would have entered a pic of my gecko climbing a nepenthes spectabilis x ventricosa pitcher. I'll post it anyway on a separate thread.
By Matt
Aza wrote:Would a time lapse video be a suitable submission? Or must it strictly be a photo?
Hmm, I think we'd better stick with only photos, nothing animated.
SCT wrote:May I get an exception to rule 6?
Yes, you're within a few days of the cutoff, so you're fine :)
Matt liked this
By Daniel_G
Ooooh, looks nice!

Let's see what I can find in the greenhouse...
Also, thanks to those who donated prizes! Good on ya'! I'm sure this'll be a great contest for everyone!
Daniel_G liked this
By Matt
Daniel_G wrote:Also, thanks to those who donated prizes! Good on ya'! I'm sure this'll be a great contest for everyone!
If anyone else would like to offer up prizes for other countries, please let me know!
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!