FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Cloudy Sky
Ping Primuliflora and a drosera spatulata fraser island are coming soon! Tomorrow is estimated but I guess I'll never know until they come. Thanks Joels Carnivorous Plants! I will post pics whenever it is that they come
By Cloudy Sky
Is there a visible difference Between Fraser island spatulata and just a drosera spatulata?
By Veronis
Cloudy Sky wrote:Cool! I like big plants
See if you can confirm with the seller if the var I mentioned is the one, prior to labeling it anything other than the general Drosera spatulata "Fraser Island".
By Cloudy Sky
They arrived yesterday! The sundew was actually 4 or 5 sundews! The butterwort had 3 or 4 tiny plantlets on it. One sundew baby and a butterwort baby fell off during repotting so I planted them in a separate container. Pics and a review for joelscarnivorousplants will be posted in the near future.
By Cloudy Sky
Just a quick question, there is some debris (long fibered sphagnum, peat, dust) on my new pinguicula. Should I remove it? How? Thank you!
By Grey
Congrats on the new plants! You can remove it if you wish using a small rolled up piece of tissue, a cotton bud (or swab) or you can leave it. I've never suffered any ill effects of having debris on pinguicula leaves. It may be better to just leave it as you don't want to remove too much digestive mucus, though it'll continue to be produced after so really it's down to personal preference.
Grey liked this
By Cloudy Sky
There is no mucus yet (still adjusting) so I'll remove it. Thanks so much:D
By Grey
You're welcome! It may take a few days to a few weeks to start mucus production again, I remember moving some pinguicula from one set of environmentals to another for a few hours and they sulked almost instantly... perked up a few days later though. Good luck!
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!