FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Veronis
That's a little too open-ended. ;)

How much do you want to spend, thereabouts, and what size grow area do you want to be able to support?
By CARNIVOR
A LITTLE UNDER 100-150 DOLLARS AND I AM TRYING TO BUILD A SMALL GREENHOUSE INSIDE THE HOUSE WHERE IT CAN LIT AROUND LESS THAN 100 VENUS FLYTRAPS
By Veronis
You can light a 4-foot by 18-inch grow area (I grow about 50 or so flytraps under it) with this: http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com ... -3351.html - I've had great results, using a mix of two 6500K/two ~3000K bulbs.

For what you want, you may want to look into HID lighting, either a Metal Halide or High Pressure Sodium light. These kinds of lights are not something I've used personally, though.
By Veronis
Np, just keep in mind HID lights can run very hot - you'll want to think about the size of the greenhouse vs. temperature (as in Fahrenheit temp) of whatever light you get, and talk to someone who knows about the HID's prior to making a purchase.

The Quantum I linked does not put out as much heat as other comparable T5 setups, but puts out just as much light.

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!