FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
I was thinking that i could send my drosera (in the future VFT to) in my own country, two days by mail, like in the below link (the other guy is expecting it in a few days). The wet paper towel could be wet cotton maybe, because i only have only scented paper handkerchiefs (i wanted to be pure, not scented) and instead ziploc bags i can use maybe some small plastic bags with adhesive tape between them with small holes (or not). Can i use instead ziploc bags, a upside down plastic cup for drosera capensis ? My whole plant and the rest will be in a mushroom box like in the below link (the box will be covered with saran wrap and paper with small holes maybe and with adhesive tape). If the small mushroom box is in another different box, between them i will add small pieces of papers. What do you think, any other best methods ?
Code: Select all
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/sending-plants-through-the-mail-bare-root-t10408.html
http://www.colourbox.com/image/image-1595301
Last edited by roarke on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By snapperhead51
To send any cp in the post its best to follow a few simple rules, wrap roots is live or spag moss very moist or a bit of potting media with paper towel rapped around very moist , place in to bag , I use freezer bags cheap and easy to use, place the roots with sphag round to one corner of the bag, tie off at top or roots with plastic coated tie wire, the rest of the plant should be above the tie off in the open bag, tie off the top of the bag while getting as much air out of the bag as possible , place in box , get news paper scrunch it up and place all round the plant bag to secure it in the box with out squashing it , seal up and post ! or use shredded paper in the same producer , I send about 300 eBay plants this way twice a year ! neps , VFT ,sarras , helis ,ceph's , all the same way ! works well
Last edited by snapperhead51 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
snapperhead51 liked this
By roarke
The mail can order ? Maybe in your country, but not my country.
tie off the top of the bag while getting as much air out of the bag as possible
But than how i will stuck so he won't move, i mean the upper part, than ? Don't you make small holes in the package (for fruits my mail can accept this and maybe for plants to). Btw, in your parts you are required to tell (you can lie of course) what you have in the package ?
By snapperhead51
by placing the bag between the news paper will hold the the bag in place , you pack it firmly but not to squash the bag , is what I think your getting at ?? no need to make holes in the bag , you want the plant to keep its humidity up , but not for extended time , 12 to 14 days max postage ,
here in AU were are required to put a content declaration from on the international package , if we send plants internationally we are required to have a license as well , we can not import plants into AU with out a license and quarantine for 4 months with fumigation before receiving them ,on which a percentage die from quarantine stupidity !! I have heard of some people loosing up to 90% of there plants because of quarantine mishandling ! was a figure quoted to me by a orchid importer a few months back, his personal experience .
J
By roarke
Calledd the guy and gonna sent the plants monday. If sent today, it will reach monday ! In my country the postal office doesen't work in sunday/saturday. I don't want the plant to reach in 4 days. The plants already lost in the meantime theyr dew, so i quess in thee future i will have to upload new pictures, not the one with dew. I was selling them in a auction site, but in the package it reads : "By uproot the plants or long days arrival, dew may disappear". I don't want to take any chances, but the guy upon seeing no dew on them (3 days with +2 hours besides 14 hours ussualy, until monday, will make the plants dew again, maybe...) may give me a neutral or bad score on the auction site, but i hope not :)

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Browning Sarracenia and Aphids

Just wanted to update that with a new light and di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!