FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By MisterE24
I had ordered a large low giant venus flytrap from carnivorousplantnursery.com a while back and I received it this saturday. I also received a bonus sundew included with the order, which I think was pretty cool. Both of the plants were shipped bare root and they are arrived in really good condition. I planted them both into my large mini bog pot that already had a couple of large plants a long with a couple of smaller ones. I thought the larger plants I had were big but the low giant seems to dwarf them in terms of overall size and trap size. It really is a low giant and the traps on it look menacing! In the pictures below keep in mind that the pot is 8 inches across, so the plant is almost as long as the pot its self! And I know its gonna get bigger. I can't wait for all my plants to grow into the pot. I have a good sized b52 in a different pot that I wish I could squeeze into the mini bog pot but the low giant took up all of the empty space that was left in the pot. Maybe later on Ill get a larger pot and plant them all into it, but Im happy with what I have for now =D
Attachments:
This is the largest trap, it look mean!
This is the largest trap, it look mean!
Image.jpg (181.88 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
Image 1.jpg
Image 1.jpg (342 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
Image 2.jpg
Image 2.jpg (281.24 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!