FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By xr280xr
Thanks unicorn, they are turning out to be very nice typical traps. Just to make sure I give credit where it's due, these are FTS seed growns. The way I worded it might have sounded like I grew them from seeds. I'm sure they'd be dead if that were the case! ;)
By tgplp
WOW! I'm loving this thread. :D Everyones vfts looks so amazing. Yikes I haven't been on fly trap care forums in a long time. :( I have been super busy, but I am going to get back into my carnivorous plant obsession starting now. :) Thanks for this thread, dionae! Unfortunately, though I have tried about three times, all of my seeds I've started have eventually died. :oops: :( this is always due to forgetting to water... every time I start seeds again, though, the seedlings live a lot longer than the previous ones, so that gives me hope. ;) I started a pot of the special red mix (only five seeds) and a pot of the normal FTS seed mix (about fifteen seeds). Can't wait to see the seedlings! I LOVE venus fly trap seedlings, the babies are so cute. This time, I WILL get these guys to adulthood. I have to. :D I'll post pictures the minute I see sprouts.

Happy growing!
Taryn
tgplp liked this
By tgplp
Thanks Snap Traps! I added a little heat lamp this morning, many some warmth will speed up the seeds. :)

Taryn
By tgplp
Does anyone know, what percentage of red seedlings can you get out of the fts normal seeds? Is it possible to get a red seedling out of the "normal" fts seeds?

Thanks!

Taryn :)
By Matt
I don't have any hard numbers, but I would guess somewhere around 5% or so of the seedlings from the normal seed mix would be red-leafed, maybe a bit less than that. In the red seed mix in past years, about 65% of them have been red-leafed.
Matt liked this
By Dionae
Update. The plants have really taken off after a week of constant thunderstorms. I'm really surprised at how big they are for being deflasked late last year. Most might flower next year :D .
Attachments:
DSCF8138.JPG
DSCF8138.JPG (113.07 KiB) Viewed 7900 times
DSCF8139.JPG
DSCF8139.JPG (115.11 KiB) Viewed 7900 times
Deflasked in late May
Deflasked in late May
DSCF8140.JPG (88.48 KiB) Viewed 7900 times
FTS seedlings grown the old fashioned way.
FTS seedlings grown the old fashioned way.
DSCF8141.JPG (111.9 KiB) Viewed 7900 times
DSCF8142.JPG
DSCF8142.JPG (101.61 KiB) Viewed 7900 times
Nice teeth...one of my sawtooth types that actually keeps the pointy teeth the whole season.
Nice teeth...one of my sawtooth types that actually keeps the pointy teeth the whole season.
DSCF8143.JPG (54.25 KiB) Viewed 7900 times
D palacea ssp rosea putting up their first flowers for me. These litter my VFT mini bogs.
D palacea ssp rosea putting up their first flowers for me. These litter my VFT mini bogs.
DSCF8146.JPG (49.75 KiB) Viewed 7900 times
Dionae, Dionae liked this
Not what you would expect...

ant hill?

For $7 I'd have to pick one of those up myself!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!