FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By cpguy
Grey wrote: i feel so sad for you
Due to recent events, my medical condition is rapidly worsening and I fear I will soon be unable to care for some of my more demanding carnivorous plants. I'm looking to our local science departments in schools in the hope they will take the plants off my hands. If I am unable to send them out to local science groups, I will definately come here and offer them to you guys.

My question is: how do you all prepare plants for shipping? It would be a lot easier for me if I could just give the plants to a local group but if that isn't possible and I need to send them farther away I would need to prepare boxes and such. Due to the manner of my condition I would find it extremely difficult to package plants (struggle to hold objects and fold stuff like bubble wrap) but if worst comes to it I'm sure it would be beneficial to know how.

So I'm wondering, how would one go about packing Nepenthes for shipping? I may even find myself rehoming my venus fly traps and sticking to butterworts.. something I'm more confident with and find generally "easier" to water. So how would you all go about packing venus fly traps, too?

Because of my worsening health, my Nepenthes have been hit hard. I cannot raise my arms above my head to water them as regularly as I'd like and so their condition is not perfect. I honestly think it would be better if I rehomed everything and just sat and gave up, but that won't do anyone any good. The least I can do is some pre-emptive research; plan for the worst, hope for the best and don't lose hope inbetween.

Thanks!
By jrmc114064
Know it feels bad when something you love is slowly dying and have little chance to save them. Stay strong in this challenge as life is not one without its challenges. Hope you get better soon and good luck finding a home for the nepenthes.

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!