FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By nightfeathers
I have been hunting the web, but so far haven't found what I want. What I would love to get is a small sampling I guess you could call it of carnivorous plants, with a red theme. By that I mean 1 each of a flytrap, a pitcher, and a sundew with the more red varieties of each. For me I would prefer a short dense version of each as much as possible too. Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to get something like this from your site?
By jamez
nightfeathers wrote:I have been hunting the web, but so far haven't found what I want. What I would love to get is a small sampling I guess you could call it of carnivorous plants, with a red theme. By that I mean 1 each of a flytrap, a pitcher, and a sundew with the more red varieties of each. For me I would prefer a short dense version of each as much as possible too. Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to get something like this from your site?
Plants don't come in samples, i'm not sure what you are inplying by "sample".

Matt has some Sarracenia heading to the store soon, but I'm not sure if any are red. Just browse the store and the other stores under the Carnivorous Plant Supplier thread and see what you like.
jamez liked this
By nightfeathers
*facepalm* I dont mean bits of leaf or something LOL! I just mean as a set of three different types. Like as opposed to a bunch of flytraps or whatever? Bad word to use perhaps? I saw the eBay one but I don't really trust eBay for living things.
By pieguy452
I have never personally ordered from joelcarnivorousplants on ebay but I have heard he sells great plants :)
By jamez
nightfeathers wrote:*facepalm* I dont mean bits of leaf or something LOL! I just mean as a set of three different types. Like as opposed to a bunch of flytraps or whatever? Bad word to use perhaps? I saw the eBay one but I don't really trust eBay for living things.
Look at the sellers ratings

some good ones I know are

flytrapstore
joelscarnivorousplants
sam1greentmb

mot of the other guys are legit.

actually I cant think of one guy who isn't

ebay is just like any store thats not on ebay. they still get shipped to you.

I would like to ask, why did you make a post instead of just ordering 3 red plants form any of the CP dealers?
By jamez
Also Joel has a trio of the carnivorous plants you want. there is like 20+ available. the flytrap has green leaves but with the right lighting, temperature and ph(low) will get red traps.
By nightfeathers
jamez wrote:
nightfeathers wrote:*facepalm* I dont mean bits of leaf or something LOL! I just mean as a set of three different types. Like as opposed to a bunch of flytraps or whatever? Bad word to use perhaps? I saw the eBay one but I don't really trust eBay for living things.

flytrapstore
joelscarnivorousplants
sam1greentmb

I would like to ask, why did you make a post instead of just ordering 3 red plants form any of the CP dealers?
What CP dealers? I wasn't aware any were listed here. If you mean elsewhere it's because I couldn't find what I was looking for. I've had some bad eBay experiences, thus my reluctance to go to them for anything living. Is this forum area not for posting about things I am interested in getting?
By dantt99
The link I provided is "Joel's Carnivorous Plants" who is a very reputable seller. You have no worries buying from him.
By jamez
nightfeathers wrote:
jamez wrote:

flytrapstore
joelscarnivorousplants
sam1greentmb

What CP dealers? I wasn't aware any were listed here. If you mean elsewhere it's because I couldn't find what I was looking for. I've had some bad eBay experiences, thus my reluctance to go to them for anything living. Is this forum area not for posting about things I am interested in getting?
ebay is NOT a person.

buying plants from there is no different from buying plants from a place that's not on ebay. They get SHIPPED, they will all take time to get to you( (1-5 days)
jamez liked this
By jamez
Theres two things you can do:

Buy 3 red plants

Order a trio from Joel

If you need the stores here they are:

Flytrapstore
California Carnivores
Cascade Carnivores
Dangerous Plants
Black Jungle Terrarium Supply
Joels Carnivorous Plants
lbg-cp
flytraps
Pet Fly Trap
Houston Herp
Par o bek Orchids

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!