FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By hardrockerCP
Hey simple topic, i have seen a few of these in growers pictures. and it seems like i could keep them in my LL conditions. After looking online i cant find them in any of my regular sites. Does anyone know where to fine this beauty? im open to shops, or personal growers than have one availible for slae! let me know :)
By hardrockerCP
yikes that site scares me. the majority of the reviews are bad, but i guess if thats the only place anyone suggests. ill give it a shot. thanks jw
By jamez
Plants that are unhealthy can be nursed back. Don;t worry about how it looks when it comes, think about how it will look under your care.

I've ordered from them. The plants are not all that big but they are decent sized. Don't hesitate to order from then unless you think you can't grow it well.

Also, Bicals are ULL.
By Shes Crofty
Here's a Brunei orange variety.. http://www.predatoryplants.com/Nepenthe ... ep-bic.htm

Predatory Plants prices are a little high side, and the small plants are pretty darn small; But they're always my go-to store when I can't find something I want anywhere else. I've purchased from them about 3 times (all nepenthes, potted and bare root) and all have been excellent experiences, had zero problem with their packaging and shipping speed.
By hardrockerCP
jamez wrote:Plants that are unhealthy can be nursed back. Don;t worry about how it looks when it comes, think about how it will look under your care.

I've ordered from them. The plants are not all that big but they are decent sized. Don't hesitate to order from then unless you think you can't grow it well.

Also, Bicals are ULL.

ok i guess i need to do more research, i have no idea what varies between ll and ull, neps arent particularly my thing i only keep one or two plants around. im usually more of a drosera kind of guy. so what do ultra lowlands require? like time spent in light, temps day and night, soil (i think i would order poitted anyway) and finally humidity. i can do research and not o be lazy but a rael growers opinion vs someone with a whole nursery is prefered in my bood.

anyway thanks for the quick responses so far. now i guess it comes down to the red or orange variety :D
By jwbates26
If you talk to John (snapperhead51) he'll tell you there isn't a classification of ultra lowland. Which makes since. If its any lower it'd be under water. Just ultra highlands.

Bicalcarata likes it hot and humid. I have three. On in a terrarium at room temp, one kept in the 80s with very high humidity and one again at room temp with about 65% humidity. The one kept in the upper 80s and very high humidity is doing the best. They're all pitchering but this particular one has put out four pitchers in the last couple months. So hot and I'd say 70% humidity will give you good results.
By jamez
jwbates26 wrote:If you talk to John (snapperhead51) he'll tell you there isn't a classification of ultra lowland. Which makes since. If its any lower it'd be under water. Just ultra highlands.

Bicalcarata likes it hot and humid. I have three. On in a terrarium at room temp, one kept in the 80s with very high humidity and one again at room temp with about 65% humidity. The one kept in the upper 80s and very high humidity is doing the best. They're all pitchering but this particular one has put out four pitchers in the last couple months. So hot and I'd say 70% humidity will give you good results.

All growers have their own opinions.
By hardrockerCP
oh neat. i can give it around 80-95 degrees and like 90 percent humidity daily. do you know what kind of light they would need with about 2 t5 bulbs?
By KamoAmo
Shes Crofty wrote:Here's a Brunei orange variety.. http://www.predatoryplants.com/Nepenthe ... ep-bic.htm

Predatory Plants prices are a little high side, and the small plants are pretty darn small; But they're always my go-to store when I can't find something I want anywhere else. I've purchased from them about 3 times (all nepenthes, potted and bare root) and all have been excellent experiences, had zero problem with their packaging and shipping speed.
Not sure if the N. was out of stock when u posted this, but it is now. XD
By Shes Crofty
KamoAmo wrote:
Shes Crofty wrote:Here's a Brunei orange variety.. http://www.predatoryplants.com/Nepenthe ... ep-bic.htm

Not sure if the N. was out of stock when u posted this, but it is now. XD

It wasn't ><..
By jamez
Low Land likes it hotter and more humid. Ultra Low land likes it hotter. High 80s for them and high 70s at night.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!