FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Starchy
I have 100 or so seeds planted in the bigger container (left) of Drosera Capensis typical and 50 or so seeds planted in the smaller container (middle) of Drosera Spatulata fraser island all in my growth chamber placed over a heat mat. To the right is some live sphagnum moss. They are all under 1x t5 bulb 6400k 5000 lumens @ 54w. I just added 2x t12 cool white bulbs 34w on the side instead of tinfoil for reflectivity. I am giving them a 16 hour photoperiod and plenty of water (sprayed on only). Both Drosera are planted in 100% dead LFS. The live sphagnum is planted over peat. Anyone notice anything wrong with my setup? I just planted in the last 1-3 days, so I just wanted to see if there was anything obviously wrong. I got soil thermometers in each Drosera container: they tend to be between 70 and 90F.

The setup is located in my basement, so the ground is cool. I placed everything on a wooden plank for some insulation.
So far, it all seems good from my end. :geek:

By Veronis
Make sure the propagation chamber isn't 100% sealed. If it is sealed, I'd leave it cracked open just a bit to allow for some air flow / transfer.

Other than that, you should be good. :)

I generally remove the humidity domes shortly after the majority of seeds have germinated, rather than leaving them on for any extended periods. If the humidity dome is left on too long, mold/fungus start making a home in there.

Does anyone else have opinions/insight on how long you leave humidity domes on for seedlings?
By MichaelG
I never did have a dome on my capensis seeds/seedlings, but I live in NC and it's pretty humid anyway right now.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!