FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By GothicJackalPaws
-drools-

I really want Darlingtonia. *___*

But I have none of those. :'(

I checked your growlist, you already have anything I own. Jeez!

Still, maybe you'd trade the Darlingtonia of your choice for any of these, even if you already own different ones:

(Was recently cut to make clones, you'd get the one with the biggest rhizome, the original)

(Also recently leaf-pulled)

Or a really tall, healthy S. Flava? :D

Lady Bug:

(was recently leaf-pulled, has LOTS of new growth now)

Or this fella here (the one in the dirt, of course, although I now have multiple clones sprouting up...)

(I totally understand if you say no, you already have these plants, and you're probably looking to expand your collection...:))
By Tony C
GothicJackalPaws wrote:(I totally understand if you say no, you already have these plants, and you're probably looking to expand your collection...:))

I am looking for plants that I don't already have, and I'm also afraid that I would just be setting you up for disappointment. Through much reading I have never found success stories from Southern growers with Darlingtonia, at best they seem to go on a slow decline and linger for a year or two before dying and most seem to die off quickly.
By GothicJackalPaws
Tony C wrote:
GothicJackalPaws wrote:(I totally understand if you say no, you already have these plants, and you're probably looking to expand your collection...:))

I am looking for plants that I don't already have, and I'm also afraid that I would just be setting you up for disappointment. Through much reading I have never found success stories from Southern growers with Darlingtonia, at best they seem to go on a slow decline and linger for a year or two before dying and most seem to die off quickly.
Even if I kept them inside in a sunny window? We keep the house air conditioned. That's what was working for my seedling, before someone decided that whatever I was growing wasn't supposed to be there and threw it away, thinking it was just dirt (so I either have to buy new seed packets and try again, or buy an already-grown one).

But I totally understand, since you're looking for plants you don't have. Of course, with that offer still up (for now) if FTS got 'Hurricane Creek' back in stock and I bought it, d'you think you'd be interested in a division of it? (This is purely theoretical)
By Eric
I have a few really nice looking plants of S. Purpurea x Leucophylla. As far as I can see there are 3 main variations in my collection: (Sorry for the crappy picture quality btw.)
First one mostly leans toward leucophylla. It has lots of the characteristic white coloring in the upper parts of the pitcher, with red (pink?) venation.
IMG_2595.JPG (27.2 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
The second leans more toward purpurea. It has some pinkish white coloring in the hood, but it is primarily a red color.
IMG_2594.JPG (32.95 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
And the second one has the characteristics of both. (coincidentally enough) It has white coloration in the hood, with some red blushing on the outside of it.
IMG_2596.JPG (28 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
If you are interested in any or all let me know before next Monday!
~Eric
By jrmc114064
All i have are my flava and purpurea ssp. venosa

Here they are if you are interested. :)

They also come with a few sundews so far i have only been able to identify one as a d. binata.
By KamoAmo
I've really been wanting some darlingtonia and I don't have any of those sarracenia, so would you be willing to sell any of your plants?
By Tony C
Thanks for all the interest, but I am really hoping to trade for some less common Sarracenia. I am not wanting to sell them or trade for readily available plants that I could easily purchase.
By jht-union
Tony C wrote:I am moving to South Carolina this summer and given the poor track record for Darlingtonia in the south I would like to trade mine for Sarracenia. I have four plants available.
Yup that is true, for example I had three darlingtonias, they are hanging in there, definitely not doing well and will most likely die, they are extremely picky and if you bro it outside in a greenhouse or outdoors, forget it, it won't do well, temps in the south are very hot, you will need to design something that has a self watering system but the water must be cold all the time.
Don't recommend darlingtonia for the southeastern people(unless if you design something like what I mentioned).

Nice darlingtonias,I will bet some people from oregon will be extremely interested in growing this plant! :)
And good to know that you are moving to SC. you can basically grow all your plants outside without any problem or aid to them, nature should do its thing, unless if you have squirrel problem and in that case, you will need 2 greenhouses like me.
By Starchy
GothicJackalPaws wrote:-drools-

I really want Darlingtonia. *___*
Why don't you try and grow from seed? I am trying right now (just put my seeds in for cold stratification last night). FTS has seeds for sale at the moment.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!