FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By 95slvrZ28
Matt wrote:
dantt99 wrote:Has the experiment begun?
Yes, sorry I haven't posted an update yet. Will do so soon.
Same deal on my end. I have data and pictures. I've just had a very rough week thus far and haven't got around to getting up all the data.
By Novemberose
I could not, for the life of me, find perlite or silica sand locally, so I ended up transplanting my 2 VFTs into a container with sphagnum moss. I have bought VFT in the past that were only in sphagnum moss and they did quite well. Here is hoping that the sphagnum moss will be ok for them.
By Tony C
Here is an update on my LFS plants. Considering the crazy weather we have had they are doing very well.

B52

Justina Davis. This plant was beat up by a windstorm a few months ago and died back to the rhizome.

Typicals

Burbank's Best

Pink Venus
By Matt
jamez wrote:Looks Great! Matt/Blake?

Have any of you gotten photos of the results and roots?
No results yet. It's only been a few weeks since the experiment was started. The plants have settled in and are growing well in both the LFS and the peat-based mix. I've not been keeping either of them sitting in water and I haven't had any problems keeping the LFS from drying out. Blake, I believe, has had some issues with keeping the LFS moist though.

Will post some results later in the season. I still need to make my initial post with photos and data that I recorded.
By jamez
Matt wrote:
jamez wrote:Looks Great! Matt/Blake?

Have any of you gotten photos of the results and roots?
No results yet. It's only been a few weeks since the experiment was started. The plants have settled in and are growing well in both the LFS and the peat-based mix. I've not been keeping either of them sitting in water and I haven't had any problems keeping the LFS from drying out. Blake, I believe, has had some issues with keeping the LFS moist though.

Will post some results later in the season. I still need to make my initial post with photos and data that I recorded.

You're growing in the Greenhouse right?

Drying out should be slower than it would outside.

What size/type pots are you using for them?
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!