FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Last year a friend in Europe sent me some flytrap seed from interesting crosses. I flasked them all in tissue culture and grew them over the winter. Quite a few of them are turning out to be interesting looking plants. I thought I'd share some photos of them. Sorry for the poor quality. I didn't have a chance to zoom and crop them before Leah resized them and accidentally saved over the originals. I'll take more photos after the plants harden off and start looking more like real plants :)

Trichterfalle x Coquillage (Thinking of naming this one FTS Fuzzy Arms :D)
FTS Fuzzy Arms
FTS Fuzzy Arms
IMG_0091.JPG (57.39 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
FTS Fuzzy Arms
FTS Fuzzy Arms
IMG_0093.JPG (78.12 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
There is another one from the same cross (Trichterfalle x Coquillage) that also has the scaling on the leaves. It will be interesting to see what kind of traps they produce. Trichterfalle doesn't make its odd-shaped traps for which it is named when it is in tissue culture and neither do either of these seedlings.

Triton x Weinrot
Triton x Weinrot
Triton x Weinrot
IMG_0094.JPG (70.78 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
Looks a lot like the mother plant Triton, but perhaps with a bit more fusing in the teeth and perhaps it will have better coloration from the Weinrot cross.

Coquillage x Trichterfalle
IMG_0096.JPG (67.46 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
IMG_0098.JPG (58.23 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
Looks a lot like the mother plant Coquillage, but with more teeth and some of the smaller ones look really menacing. When I was replating this one while doing TC work, I actually laughed out loud to myself when I looked at the teeth on it while the trap was still slightly open. It looked like a little dog snarling at me :)

There are 3 or 4 other seedlings from this same cross that all look similar to the parent plant Coquillage, but with slightly different "teeth." I'm interested in seeing what they all look like once growing out of TC for a while.

Microdent x Weinrot
Microdent x Weinrot
Microdent x Weinrot
IMG_0102a.jpg (60.1 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
Looks like the mother plant Microdent, but with better coloration, at least judging by the color already showing in the traps in vitro which usually show little to no color. Will know more about how colorful the plant is once it is grown outdoors or in greenhouse conditions.

Hope you enjoyed them!
Matt, Matt, Matt liked this
By Daniel_G
Matt wrote:Thinking of naming this one FTS Fuzzy Arms
How about FTS Hairy Legs? :lol:

Amazing plants in there Matt, all look very cool.
Can't wait to see these in the international store!

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!