FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By jrmc114064
Grey wrote:If you choose the right orchid you'd be surprised just how easy they can be to grow. My Phalaenopsis Kolibri was wilting quite dramatically but with an extra misting a day (I mist my orchids every day instead of watering under the tap once a week) and having been moved to my pinguicula shelf its leaves have perked up beautifully and it has grown a new, thick root! I can't wait to see if it flowers for me again.

My other orchid which is a dyed royal blue (I didn't know it was dyed or I wouldn't have asked for it for my birthday) is currently about to bloom :) The stalk is MASSIVE! I can't begin to describe how excited I was when I saw the plant was flowering!

They're definately worth looking into!
What light source do you use for your plants.
By Grey
jrmc114064 wrote:
Grey wrote:If you choose the right orchid you'd be surprised just how easy they can be to grow. My Phalaenopsis Kolibri was wilting quite dramatically but with an extra misting a day (I mist my orchids every day instead of watering under the tap once a week) and having been moved to my pinguicula shelf its leaves have perked up beautifully and it has grown a new, thick root! I can't wait to see if it flowers for me again.

My other orchid which is a dyed royal blue (I didn't know it was dyed or I wouldn't have asked for it for my birthday) is currently about to bloom :) The stalk is MASSIVE! I can't begin to describe how excited I was when I saw the plant was flowering!

They're definately worth looking into!
What light source do you use for your plants.
I use the sun :) They're on my windowsill.
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!