FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By tael
WORMSS wrote:They remind me of a tongue :D

Looking nice
Hehe, yeah. I really like these ones. =)

Thanks!
By WORMSS
when they catch something, you will have to upload a photo :D be nice to see a before and after type thing :D
By Redneck_Angel
Wow, your Sundew collection is beautiful. I love how the dew makes these plants sparkle, like little deadly gems!!!
By tael
italo.americano wrote:Kailey,

Very nice and thank you for sharing.

Giovanni
Thanks Gio! =)
WORMSS wrote:when they catch something, you will have to upload a photo :D be nice to see a before and after type thing :D
Well, since they're indoors and also inside a glass bowl thingy, I don't think they'll be catching much. I tried feeding my adelae, whom is in a similar environment, and because of the high humidity in the environment, the food molded. So probably not a good idea. =) Maybe you can find a picture on google though?
Redneck_Angel wrote:Wow, your Sundew collection is beautiful. I love how the dew makes these plants sparkle, like little deadly gems!!!
Thanks! I know, the dew is so beautiful hehe. =) I can wait till all my seedlings grow up so I'll have a bunch of adult plants!
By tael
Matt wrote:Nice looking plants Kailey! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Matt! ;D
By tael
More pictures oh nooo!

d. x hybrida

d. capensis 'alba' Making its first flowerstalk!

s. x catesbaei God I love this plant.

1/4 of my seedling area

d. sessilifolia

d. rotundifolia?

d. burmannii

d. anglica The one on the top is the one I've been feeding to see the difference in growth. Insane!

P.S. I miss my camera. :( I can't do any closeups with this one cause the macro suuuucks! Oh well. :(
By afh928
What would it take to get my hands on a division or SOMETHING of those catesbai?!?!?!?!?! I would pay whatever you asked, that plant is breathtaking!
By tael
afh928 wrote:What would it take to get my hands on a division or SOMETHING of those catesbai?!?!?!?!?! I would pay whatever you asked, that plant is breathtaking!
Thanks man!

I do have two babies from it, it just sucks cause I'm in Canada so I think it'd be really expensive. :( Are there any nurseries there that sell catesbaei?
By tael
Matt wrote:Thanks for posting updated photos Tael. I agree with Aaron, that catesbai is incredible. I have to get my hands on one of those once I get moved out to Oregon.
No problem! And thank you. =) Yeah you should get one for sure! One thing to note is that apparently they do not like the rain, I grow mine on the windowsill and it looks like this so I think they might be best as an indoor plant.
By English Springer
Fantastic collection and I think the pics are fine!
If that one picture is just 1/4 of your growing area, you must have quite a set-up.
Peace!
E.S.
By tael
English Springer wrote:Fantastic collection and I think the pics are fine!
If that one picture is just 1/4 of your growing area, you must have quite a set-up.
Peace!
E.S.
Well, it's 1/4 of my seedling area! Then I have another shelf, my windowsill, balcony, and my bookshelf haha. (Now that I think about it, that is a decent amount). And thanks!
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!