FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D
Thanks PeatMoss and jaester. Now I realize that the photo has a cyan cast (or so it seems to me), probably from an inappropriate white-balance setting on the camera. I just edited and replaced the photo at the head of the discussion to get rid of that color cast. I think I might start shooting in RAW mode like Adam has been doing and then "develop" the photos myself using a raw-image-format editor. :)
By Adam
Looks really nice!
By Steve_D
Dionae wrote:Idk if its the same iris or not but it looks very similar.
It sure does look very similar. The iris in the photo I took is a repeat-blooming iris; while most iris bloom just once per year over a period of a few weeks, this one is supposed to have a second bloom period a little later in the year (this is only its second year, so I don't know yet).

I believe that there are quite a few different iris plants that have blue or purple "falls" and yellow "standards" (the upright petals). Yours certainly looks like the same coloration as mine, which I think is very pretty. Thanks for posting the photo. :)
Steve_D liked this
By Dionae
This is the first year mine have put out blooms so nice. I planted them a couple years back. Idk if its a repeat bloomer but I hope so. I have some that are so dark purple that theyre almost black. Theyre my fav. Could send you a div next year if youre interested.
By Steve_D
Dionae wrote:I have some that are so dark purple that theyre almost black. Theyre my fav.
Me too. Our very dark purple iris are my favorite as well. I'm hoping to be able to take a photo of them (they're in bloom right now) that does justice to the rich, velvety dark but intenly purple flowers.
Steve_D liked this

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

Drosera germination time

Hello everyone - I recently got some D. burmanni[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!