FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By 95slvrZ28
Sometimes the leaves can get like that if the plant isn't getting enough light. You'll notice the one that displays the most serration is also the largest leaf and is accompanied by a smaller trap, both of which can occur if the plant isn't getting an appropriate amount of light. I would be willing to bet new growth will likely not show the same type of leaf growth.
95slvrZ28, 95slvrZ28 liked this
By -Darrell-
The one I got from Lowe's had similar characteristics. After feeding and plenty of light it immediately began producing lots of tall, very narrow leaves and larger traps with some red on the trap interiors. It also sent up a flower stalk. Three seed pods gave up 46 seeds so far with 6 pods still remaining to mature. 1 of the 3 pods only had 1 seed because I messed up during hand pollinating and ripped off the neck of the (pistol?). My pollination method was to tear off an anther with needle-nosed pliers and to dab the anther with pollen directly on the pistol. At that point I brushed pollen on the shortened pistol and now have 1 seed from that particular seedpod. The estimated number of seeds will probably be about 150 from my only VFT that bloomed hence all of the flowers were selfed.

When the seedpod opens it resembles a small, shiny, flat blackberry. The individual seeds resemble small cat fleas although 1 of the seeds is gray instead of black.

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!