FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By fly [12]
I am getting a packet of D. Capenis seeds from Triffid Nurseries, has anybody ever ordered from them? What temp and humidity is best for D. capenis seeds?
By Daniel_G
Anything goes with a D. Capensis, just put them on soil, and water. (Socks work too!)
You can put some clingfilm over any pots to keep in humidity, but it probably won't be needed.
By Veronis
Take a pot, toss some drosera-appropriate soil mix in it, put the pot in a water tray and keep water tray filled with water. Get clear plastic bag and cut a few slits in the bottom of the bag it so air can move a little (say about ~10% open; I generally cut about 1-inch-long triangles off of each of the two bottom corners). Sprinkle seeds on soil surface, put the clear bag upside-down over the pot to keep humidity up, which will speed up germination a bit.

Temp anywhere between (estimated) 75 and 90 degrees F.

If you are measuring humidity, anywhere between 50% and 90% is fine.

Germination anywhere between 10 days and 2 months, depending on age of the seed.

Long version:
http://www.growsundews.com/sundews/Germ ... _Seed.html
By BenWilliam
In short, sewing, germinating, and raising these seeds is very very easy! Basically sow, and forget! Although, as suggested above, just ensure the media is kept moist. It is as simple as that! I have seeds germinate in only a matter of days, at first tiny seedlings that you can bearly see, however they grow with great vigour!
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as w[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!