FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Veronis
David Conner may have some, and the plants he sells are always healthy. I received a couple from him about a month ago that were pristine.

For B52's you just need to email him (email link in B52 description):
http://www.connerscarnivores.com/store.html

California Carnivores is also reputable:
http://www.californiacarnivores.com/dio ... otted.aspx
By Steve_D
Chipi3s wrote:Well my obvious 1st choice would be here but there always out of stock
In addition to the plants listed at FlytrapStore, Matt and I have our own personal collections and stock. If you have a PayPal.com account, I can arrange a one-time private sale of one or several B52s from my personal stock right now (I might not be able to do so several weeks from now). Just email steve@flytrapcare.com

The other suggested sources are good too, especially David Conner, the original tissue-culturer of B52. :)
By DTDream18
I just received an e-mail from David Conner this morning saying that he has some young b52's available.
Here is a direct quote from the E-mail ....

"I'm currently out of the medium sized 'B52's I normally sell for $15. All I have at this time are some smaller/younger specimens with traps around 1/2" that I'll sell 3 for $15 - 6 plants max per customer, These smaller ones can be coaxed along to grow larger by lightly misting them with a dilute 1/4 strength solution of MaxSea 16-16-16 fertilizer once or twice a week. I include a couple of packets of MaxSea with any orders of these smaller/younger 'B52's"

It sounds like a really good deal to me.
By Veronis
I have three of those "smaller" plants from David that I received about a month ago. Here are some photos I took of them a couple days ago. The largest traps you see are about 3/4" and they are growing vigorously.
IMG_1735.JPG
IMG_1735.JPG (1.01 MiB) Viewed 5288 times
IMG_1738.JPG
IMG_1738.JPG (1.2 MiB) Viewed 5288 times
By garz
Wow.. I feel like a fool. I got ripped off on a "deal" from eBay. I dropped 28 bucks on a small one that's maybe a year or two old. Although he's growing well since I got him. I still wish I would of known of these sources before hand.
By DTDream18
Steve_D wrote:I can arrange a one-time private sale of one or several B52s from my personal stock right now.
The other suggested sources are good too, especially David Conner, the original tissue-culturer of B52. :)
David Conner does offer nice plants for sale. I've gotten some really nice B52's from Conners Carnivores. But all things considered I would take Steve up on his offer here. Every time I get plants from Steve they turn out to be monsters. I wish I knew his secret.

Hey Steve .... You wouldn't happen to have a Big Mouth in your private collection that you'd be willing to part with ?
By DTDream18
garz wrote:Wow.. I feel like a fool. I got ripped off on a "deal" from eBay. I dropped 28 bucks on a small one that's maybe a year or two old.
LOL ... It's happened to all of us.
By swat007j
i never get tired of see pictures of this amazing plants I have my own and they look awesome!
By Steve_D
DTDream18 wrote:Hey Steve .... You wouldn't happen to have a Big Mouth in your private collection that you'd be willing to part with ?
Not from my personal collection. But I do have some nice Big Mouth Flytraps that are emerging from dormancy well and which will probably be listed at FlytrapStore.com within several weeks.
By 0rmus
Veronis wrote:I have three of those "smaller" plants from David that I received about a month ago. Here are some photos I took of them a couple days ago. The largest traps you see are about 3/4" and they are growing vigorously.

Those B52's look great. I recently ordered a B52 potted, from a CP UK supplier and it came like this.

I did get an ok price tho, £5.50 per clone + PnP but i wish we had a FTS in the UK :D.
By Lovebrug
Veronis wrote:I have three of those "smaller" plants from David that I received about a month ago. Here are some photos I took of them a couple days ago. The largest traps you see are about 3/4" and they are growing vigorously.
The attachment IMG_1735.JPG is no longer available
The attachment IMG_1738.JPG is no longer available
Mr. Conner gave me the same deal and I'm very pleased !
b52city (1024x768).jpg
b52city (1024x768).jpg (97.79 KiB) Viewed 4616 times

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!