FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sharoman
I'v recently transferred my Nep into a terrarium and its going through a transitional period, which means some of the Pitchers are dying.
my question is what do i do with them after they die?
do i cut them? and if so then where am i supposed to cut?
By hegory
John, I need an accent like yours! American chicks dig Australian accents! :D
what hybrid is that? it looks like it may be a cross between Veitchii and maxima
By Sharoman
The question is, is there a specific point that im suppose to cut?
and will they actually grow new ones after i'v cut the old, dead, ones?

love your collection by the way :)
By snapperhead51
hegory wrote:John, I need an accent like yours! American chicks dig Australian accents! :D
what hybrid is that? it looks like it may be a cross between Veitchii and maxima

Hegory at my age I dont need to impress any chick luckily , ,best you come over here and live for a while only why :mrgreen:
that plant is N.maxima x mira , very nice pitchers on it they get very large too , this summer ones are a great size .
By snapperhead51
Sharoman wrote:The question is, is there a specific point that im suppose to cut?
and will they actually grow new ones after i'v cut the old, dead, ones?

love your collection by the way :)
:mrgreen:

, well I cut my pitchers off when the die back is about half way down the pitcher, reason , it just looks ugly and prevents any mould or fungus happening in high humidity in the green house .
as the old pitcher starts to die off , you should if your plants in the right conditions , produce new leaf and tendrils with pitcher forming on the ends of them , its the way the plant grows up ward , as one die's off the next form to replace it, if this is not happening , you need to change the climate , or conditions in your grow area quickly as its not right for them ok
J
snapperhead51 liked this
By Sharoman
The last time it happened was when the plant was just a few months old (or even younger) and since then i dont belive they've regrown.
now that they're in a new informant im hoping they'll have decent enough conditions to regrow.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!