FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By fishandplants
This may be a tentative thing, but . . . does anyone have any N. gracilis rooted cuttings or etc. they're looking to be rid of? I have a rooted cutting of a general N. ventrata (or N. alata x ventrata). Easy plant to easy plant, maybe someone doesn't yet have this one?
I can provide a picture of it. :)
By fishandplants
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64450902@N04/6899866976
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64450902@N04/7045964337

I rooted it at the end of last year, I believe, with rooting hormone. It's planted in some lfs and I later added peat on top. The newest leaves are 4" across, so the whole plant's leafspan is 8". It has two growth points from activated nodes. As the picture shows, it has a tendril elongating, but no pitchers as of yet. I grow it outside on my porch where the light comes in through a south facing window mostly. The nights for the last week have been in the low 60s with days in the high 70s and lower 80s. I believe humidity is around 50% usually, sometimes less, and likewise, can be up to 80% or more at night.
If I trade it, it'll be bareroot with chilean sphagnum.
By fishandplants
I have some drosera intermedia seeds, but I think that's all for the moment. :I Sorry.
I had a s. rubra that needs dividing, but it's currently blooming. Not very uncommon, though.
fishandplants liked this
By jwbates26
You'll be very pleased with the cutting that he'll send you. Eric, did you see the updated picture of the N. gracilis you sent me? The traps are turning red now.
jwbates26 liked this

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!