FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Alanthebro
I live on a small island in Hawaii where there's pretty much only one brand of peat that they sell.(which is miracle gro).It contains fertilizer in it and will that kill my plants? Is there any way to get rid of the nutrients in it?
By Grey
Fertilized soil does have a habit of doing venus fly traps a great deal of harm (which usually leads to death) so I wouldn't advise using the Miracle Grow brand of peat moss for your carnivorous plants. I'm unsure as to whether or not washing it repeatedly will remove the fertilizer but I would stay clear of it just to be on the safe side.

I hope someone else can offer you information as to where you can find appropriate soil. Good luck!
By Alanthebro
My mom woundnt let me buy things off the Internet .Will growing something fast like wheat grass deplete the nutrients?
By jaester
Alanthebro wrote:My mom woundnt let me buy things off the Internet .Will growing something fast like wheat grass deplete the nutrients?
Unfortunately, no. Any trace of the incorporated fertilizer will kill a cp gradually.
jaester liked this

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!