FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By sipecsus
Dang matt that's freaking knarly! I was wondering is ur backyard full of flytraps?? LOL but congrats ok ur tc!
By hackerberry
Very nice Matt, you're becoming the lord of TC...hehe..Awesome!

hb
By Matt
sipecsus wrote:Dang matt that's freaking knarly! I was wondering is ur backyard full of flytraps?? LOL but congrats ok ur tc!
Hah, I do have a backyard with a lot of VFTs in it, but I'm hoping to fill it up soon with all of my TC plants!
By Steve_D
That is really wild, Matt, seeing what looks like a flower bud forming from that mass of tissue. Did you ever see John Carpenter's version remake of "The Thing"? (Great movie by the way, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/) It reminds me of that: a mass of cells that can turn into almost anything, including a lot of half-this, half-something-else chimeras. :)

(Hey, is my sig graphic too showy for FlytrapCare.com? The first version was a little larger, so I toned this one down; I don't want to appear too pushy or ostentatious or whatever.) --Steve
By Matt
Steve_D wrote:That is really wild, Matt, seeing what looks like a flower bud forming from that mass of tissue. Did you ever see John Carpenter's version remake of "The Thing"? (Great movie by the way, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/) It reminds me of that: a mass of cells that can turn into almost anything, including a lot of half-this, half-something-else chimeras. :)
I haven't seen the movie (I'll have to pick it up sometime), but it's true that it's really wild to see this crazy mass of tissue. It has everything from flower stalks to petals to leaves and traps all growing out of the bud. Weird!
Steve_D wrote:(Hey, is my sig graphic too showy for FlytrapCare.com? The first version was a little larger, so I toned this one down; I don't want to appear too pushy or ostentatious or whatever.) --Steve
Initially it appeared a little large to me, but now it's looking better to me. It's a little tall so that it stretches the page a bit so that you have to scroll down a bit on the longer threads, but it's definitely not over the top.

Kailey's work is great! I really like the logo.

BTW - Thanks for about a full days worth of work today! I never thought I'd get through all of those flower stalks. Here's hoping that some of them take...
By kevinqwe
tael did a great job ( if she made it :? )

any of the sizes would have looked good
Last edited by kevinqwe on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Steve_D
kevinqwe wrote:tael did a great job ( if he made it :? )
FlytrapCare.com member tael is Kailey. She's a college student in Canada and a very fine artist. :D
By English Springer
Wow...talk about a TC success story...very exciting Matt.
You seem to have the most interesting things happen to your plants--How do you do it??!!
Can't wait to see how the final "Frankenstein" turns out!!
Well done.
Peace!
E.S.
By ReefPlant
Beautiful!!! The growth rate is humbling. Are VFT your primary TC choice or have you done other CPs in the past. I'm have been really focused on Cephalotus and want to TC them really bad! I have a book on the way and a kit in mind. Its only a matter of time till i join you. Again, awesome plants and great pictures :mrgreen:
By Matt
ReefPlant wrote:Beautiful!!! The growth rate is humbling.
Thanks!
ReefPlant wrote:Are VFT your primary TC choice or have you done other CPs in the past.
I just started TC last fall. I've only done Dionaea and Sarracenia, but I want to move on to Nepenthes and Cephs at some point. I can't wait until you join me! :)
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!