FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D
Sarracenia leucophylla usually has a liberal amount of red veining and highlights, but this particular Sarracenia leucophylla comes from an isolated population of Sarracenia leucophylla near Hurricane Creek, Alabama, that became over time almost pure white and green without much red. It's a striking form of Sarracenia leucophylla that grows true to form and color from its own seed. This plant was grown from seed by myself. This is its third growing season.

Steve_D, Steve_D, Steve_D and 1 others liked this
By Steve_D
Dionae wrote:Thats very beautiful Steve. Are you guys going to start stocking sarracenia again? Please say yes.
Unfortunately, I don't think so. I just shipped the last two of my Sarracenia (both of them Sarracenia leucophylla "Hurricane Creek" grown from seed, like this one), and Matt and I don't have the space in our greenhouses for competing plants. Sarracenia (as anyone knows who grows them) can take up a lot of space; perhaps not as much as Nepenthes, but a substantial amount.

I'm glad to have this Sarracenia in my personal collection though. Unusual and very pretty Sarracenia leucophylla. :)
Steve_D liked this
By Steve_D
Dionae wrote:More space than VFTs thats for sure.
Right. That's the reason we phased out Sarracenia, and we figure that there are other people who specialize in Sarracenia (like the Sarracenia Northwest guys at cobraplant.com) so we're happy specializing mostly in Venus Flytraps, which the whole FlytrapStore team (Matt, Leah and me) are very fond of. Sarracenia are great though, and very beautiful. I always have mixed feelings when I see Colorful and exotic Sarracenia pitchers in (that have been harvested for) arrangements of live or dead flowers (I'm sure other people have noticed Sarracenia in commercial flower arrangements too). :)
Steve_D liked this
By sekler
I love those pics Steve !

this is my favorite sarr, mine is still dormant but I'm not sure if It was kept too wet over the winter. It completely died back and so far has no shown further signs of growing. Most of my vfts are still dormant though so the sarr most likely is still sleeping.

I heard they are hardier than vfts water wise. We'll see !

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!