FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By iBaman
Baha, for me, a job means more plants and lighting systems, and buying a dog for my boyfriend! (he bought me my dog, only fair I repay the favor). It's alright. Ironically enough, I was working as a Respiratory Tech xD I do get retirement pay though...a nice $800 a month, though all but about $100 of that goes to bills =[ If I can get into school sooner than next spring, that'll be an extra $800 a month to play with...I love military benefits!
By Daniel_G
Oh wow, not bad at all :D (About what i'd be earning every month from horticulture if i'm lucky!!!)
Still, $800 extra to play with, not bad at alll!

Uh, sorry, miscalculated.... i'd earn that every week :lol:
By iBaman
Lol, I plan on going into horticulture as well =3 agriculture would probably be better for money because of where I live...buuuuutttt I'd be bored. So I'll let my boyfriend make the big bucks (we'll be married in about..4 or so years), while I make a little money on the side, maybe just start my own business and stay home with kiddos. And yeah, $800 extra isn't bad at all. It'll be about what I was making in the military a paycheck...but living down here is SO much cheaper. can't wait! Get to do what I love and make money for it..*squeeeee*
By CPgrower
*squeeeee*
Bahahahaha! I do that too, just not that exact sound.

You and I seem to have the same plan. I expect to be married in the next two. Can't find a hardcore bio job like I want, so I do retail for now to earn a bit of extra money to pay my part of rent. Reese is the bread winner here! I want to do what I love too, which explains all the fish tanks and plants in the apartment. Ultimate goal is to have my own aquarium shop! But again, working on teaching master degree now too so that I can teach bio too. I'll take talking about biology all day, any day!
By iBaman
I don't think I could teach....maybe the Horticulture classes, but that's it, and only because the students are seniors by then, and not such buttheads. I plan on working for BLM up here, as we have a lot of land and plants. I know a few people who do this with animals, and they LOVE it. Don't even feel like they're working. Either that, or an exotic plant shop. We have a pretty high demand for them around here, because everyone and their mom has a terrarium =] One of our local pet shops is going to build a greenhouse to grow and sell VFT's, and he wants to get his plants from me, so I'll probably work there!

(mice don't make noise when you step on their heads. don't ask me how I know this.)
By Daniel_G
:lol:
Get into TC, best way to get plants for selling, just requires time and patience, and a decent workspace.
Next month i is gonna blast tha kitchen an' get loadsa' loadsa' plants!
By iBaman
yeah, work space is what I'm lacking right now, but hopefully soon I can start some TC! It sounds fairly simple....

(if I misspell anything, there's no judging allowed. I am wickedly hungover)
By CPcaregiver
Start rant--WHEN WILL DANIELG PICK A DANG WINNER ALREADY,YOUR IDIOTIC CONVERSATIONS ARE DRIVING ME BONKERS!!--End rant.
Will someone please pick a winner?
BTW guys,I almost broke my keyboard... :oops:
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as w[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!