FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By BeAStar
So I want to make a little bog in the summer for my CP's, but I have some questions.

Can I keep my D. Capensis and Aliciae outside in the bog too?

When winter comes around can I keep my plants outside? I live in Belgium and it can get to around -20°C (-4F) and how can I isolate the bog if it get's too cold?

Maybe it would be better to get them inside in the winter, but it would be nice if I could keep them outside all year round, so I thought I would get your opinions.
By dimitar
BeAStar wrote: Can I keep my D. Capensis and Aliciae outside in the bog too?
Yes, u can from spring to late autumn without probs.
BeAStar wrote: When winter comes around can I keep my plants outside?
Yes, you can keep these sundews even in winter outside no prob as well but u will have dead plants for sure. End of story ;)
BeAStar wrote: I live in Belgium and it can get to around -20°C (-4F) and how can I isolate the bog if it get's too cold?
I know the climate in EU very well, because I also live in EU and my country is much wormer than yours but we also have cold winter however, so I'm totally honest with you anyway.
BeAStar wrote: Maybe it would be better to get them inside in the winter, but it would be nice if I could keep them outside all year round, so I thought I would get your opinions.
Yes it would be wise if u keep them inside in the winter! But it will be very nice indeed if u know exactly what plants are suitable to grow outside in Belgium ;)
By BeAStar
I also checked with another forum and they have had experiences with Capensis (and other sundews) that stay outside in the winter too and are perfectly fine when it's starts to get warmer. So I think I will give it a go.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!