FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By rehrlich
Many of my traps are still producing dormant sized traps. However a couple are just beginning to put out much larger traps (One of them being a fuzzy tooth I ordered a couple weeks ago from Matt). Should I continue to leave it in dormant conditions or prep it for spring growing? Thanks
-Ryan
By Steve_D
What are the dormant conditions you are giving the plant now? If the plants have already experienced a reasonable amount of time (8-10 weeks) in comfortable dormancy, you can place them in intermediate conditions (not too cold, not too hot) and they will decide for themselves whether to emerge from dormancy or stay in dormancy. The intermediate temperature conditions will not harm the plants either way, allowing those that want to stay dormant to do so and those that think it's safe to emerge from dormancy to do that. :)
By rehrlich
Ive been placing them in the fridge overnight and out under fluorscent light in intermediate conditions. I have a sharks teeth, fuzzy tooth, and red finger trap from Matt, a B52 and a maroon monster from you ( I got them yesterday, they look awesome! Thanks alot Steve), and a few of my own that still appear dormant. I guess ultimately how much longer should I keep placing them in the fridge? I know all of mine have had a sold 2-2.5 months of dormancy. Thanks!
By Matt
rehrlich wrote:I guess ultimately how much longer should I keep placing them in the fridge?
It's nearing the end of January now, so most of the plants from me have had nearly 3 months of dormancy. It's definitely safe to let them start growing again if conditions are suitable.
By rehrlich
Okay sounds good. Thanks alot Matt. I'm really happy I came across flytrapcare, with an awesome selection of flytraps and the expertise to back it up I hope your business only grows.
rehrlich liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!