FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By uglypho
Ok I still have one adult Blood Red traps available:

Plant could be purchased here: http://www.phongvft.org/products.htm

Here's a pic of the plant a few seasons ago. In full sun, the plant traps turn a vicious purple. One of the few plants in my collection able to attain such a deep trap coloration (aside from the G14).

By WORMSS
a few seasons ago?
what does it look like now?
By uglypho
Hello wormss,

The plant is just breaking dormancy now, so it doesn't nearly have as much foliage as the plant pictured above. That's the thing about this variety, it dies back completely during the winter. I believe that picture was about a few years old. However the rhizome is sizable and there are 2 plantlets growing next to the bulb.

Here is the plant last year:
By uglypho
Hello Tom,

Well I'm not sure what I want to do with the plant. My plans were to raffle off my collection, but now it seems that the shipping costs will be to great to raffle off every plant. I'm planning on growing out my plants and letting them color up before I sell them off this August. If you're interested in the Blood Red, I believe I had the plant listed for $15.99. It's still up for grabs if you want it.
By uglypho
Actually, I'm going to do a clear out sale. I'll offer the blood red for $10.99. Here is my complete price list if anyone is interested in the rest. These prices have been drastically reduced. I'm looking to sell off all my plants.

Blood Red Traps $10.99

G14 small $9.99 per plant
G14 medium $11.99 per plant

SWG large $13.99 per plant
SWG small $9.99 per plant

Spider medium $11.99 per plant (only a couple available because most are reserved for my June raffle).

Thanks,
Phong
Last edited by uglypho on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Budukai
Awww man, when I saw that you were raffling the plants I thought it would just be a lost cause if I bothered to get a raffle. I told myself that once I got one more flytrap I'm done for the year, I got the last flytrap today in fact . Now that your selling them and at a cheaper price, I'm at a loss :( ah well, I'm sure they'll go to some nice homes. These really are hard to find flytraps, I wouldn't be surprised if they were gone over night :)
By uglypho
Aww sorry man. Yeah I was planning on raffling off my entire collection, but after calculating shipping costs, packaging costs, and hosting fees, I would be out quite a bit. Also, I'm spending a good portion of my summer away from home, so these plants need to go. Hey don't worry though, there's still a chance that you could win one of the 4 spider VFT's i'm raffling away. Did you enter into the raffle? If you didn't then i'll enter your name in right away.

Here's the order page: http://www.phongvft.org/products.htm

Good growing everyone.
By afh928
Yeah, i want in on this raffle man, my name is Aaron if that is what you need, and my user name on here is, of course, afh928. And if brown-nosing helps the odds i must say you type very well :lol: .
By uglypho
Hello Aaron, got you entered into the raffle. Yeah technically it's supposed to be for Terraforum members only, but whatever, flytrapcare members are just as much a part of the CP community as members of any other CP forum. Thanks for the compliment, though I could find many people who would disagree with you. :| :D
By afh928
Lol...so when does the raffle end?! When can i claim my prize, lol?!?! ;)
By uglypho
Well, I posted on the site that the raffle would end July 2nd, but i'm starting to consider ending it sooner. Hoping to sell off my few remaining VFT's and send out the raffle prizes by the end of this week.
By afh928
right on man, PM me if i am lucky enough to win one and i'll give you all my shipping info. Fingers crossed!!! :mrgreen:

Aaron
By Budukai
I'm actually relieved you mentioned that, I would be out of town if you had announced it on the time mentioned. I was trying to figure out a way for someone to reply if I were to somehow get the right raffle, but this is perfect :)
By tomh
yes I am interested in the blood red. If it is still available I will take it. Thanks.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!