FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By desana
Hi, over the winter period ive noticed on the peat of my carniverous plants some white type of white fluffy mould stuff. Well its not just on the carniverous its on the soil of my house plants as well. It doesnt seem to be on the plant itself just the soil. ive cut back on watering to let the soil dry out a bit but it still appears a bit but not as much. I keep them on the kitchen windowsill till i can get a greenhouse in the next few months. Just wondered if anyone knew what this is and if it can harm the plant of if i need to do anything to irradicate it. It just seems if the soil gets a little damp it starts to grow again. cheers.....
By Steve_D
If it's fungal growth, one easy step is to water from the bottom (but not too often, aim for moist, not wet) and try to keep the top surface of the growing medium dry to almost dry. That way the plant will get the water it needs but the fungus won't. :-) And spray with a fungicide like others have suggested to get rid of the current growth. I use a fungicide that has chlorothalonil in it (as the active ingredient). Good luck-- :)
Steve_D liked this

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!