FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Rudy272
Hello everyone, I am having a issue with 2 of my Cp's. I have a sundew and a "king henry" vft that have a bunch of little very tiny brown bugs walking around in the soil. Im not to sure why this is happening maybe it had something to do with the recent white funcus that i think as growing on the top of their soil a few weeks ago that i removed, but maybe not. I am not seeing really any damage only that the sundew is very "flat" and not has nice has it was. Anyway I would provide pictures but they are to small of bugs, so any help has to naming this bug and how to remove it, if it is harmful would be great! thanks
By Steve_D
The "tiny brown bugs" might be just harmless fungus gnats or some kind of soil mite that's harmless to plants (most mites are harmless to plants, although a few (like spider mites) are very destructive, but they inhabit the leaves, not the soil).
By Adelaide
I noticed a few small brown bugs on my nep today that really started to worry me, they were crawling around on the leaves, but i dont notice any damage. I've been keeping it under a plastic bag to keep humidity high, I thought maybe thats what prompted the appearance. Any thoughts?
By EdK
Soil and detrivore mites can and will walk on things away from the surface of the substrate if the conditions permit it. There are many many types of mites and most aren't of a lot of concern for plants or even animals.
However you may want to take a good close up look at them to confirm that they are mites.
Ed
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!