FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By limlikrong
wow!!! long time grower=expert. can you do some videos on youtube on how to propagate nepenthes other than cuttings
By David F
I hope you're proud these are stunning. The only reason I'm not a big fan and buyer of these is two reasons.

I have no adequate growing conditions, and they are stinking expensive, but it looks likes you've got them pegged.

Behind my endless jealously I do actually wonder how people afford this stuff sometimes :D, do you ever set up shop?
David F liked this
By snapperhead51
thanks Corky been busy not been on much
J

David.f
getting the conditions right for growing my nep has been a very long and expensive process, what you guys see here now is some 15 years of experimentation to get it some where right with this green house, have had many other variations way before that , have had to change the whole set up many times over, going to Borneo many times help get the condition right to ,seeing how the plants I want to grow in the wild gave me a huge advantage on knowing what they need and want , but putting it into a green house set up has been very difficult indeed , , our climate here helps a lot , we have very mild winters ( no snow )but hot summers and loads of sun , its been a huge advantage climate wise , and we have a large pool of knowledge here too with our CP society . the amount of plants I have don't happen over night , its been over many years ,swapping , buying , selling ,even bought some ones collection and with some 450 mature neps ,and huge amount of plants from seedlings to semi mature , number unknown!!, the conditions need to be some where right to sustain them , affording the plants , well when u get to my age its a lot easier and you just do it when its your hobby right !! would never been able to do all this when I had kids and paying of a house thats for sure !!
J

Thanks Eric
your doing extremely good your self my Friend , what did you want to see, i got more improvements on the green house , plants are growing like weeds and so many other things going on experiments wise , , you want to see plants ,set up ?? ,takes me about 2 hours to get through the green house to check every thing out properly these days ha ha ah !! the experiment growing sphag has been good , some places its about 8 or 9 in deep now growing up the pots that are standing on a pot to keep the pitchers full length , as you know my ceph experiment's have been reasonable , may move a whole nep section over and have a ceph bed going , but still in the works , let me know what i was you wanted to see !!
J
snapperhead51 liked this
By snapperhead51
Eric
ok will put up a few i took the other day , you may see a lot if you look carefully !!
Attachments:
H. nutans giant  in new potting  mix doing well
H. nutans giant in new potting mix doing well
P1120544.JPG (103.42 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
the othr side
the othr side
P1120543.JPG (179.69 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
in  the old section  , pointing out a Amorphophallus  Konjac in  tree form after flowering
in the old section , pointing out a Amorphophallus Konjac in tree form after flowering
P1120541.JPG (160.17 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
from about 1/4 way looking back to the new section
from about 1/4 way looking back to the new section
P1120540.JPG (146.83 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
no explination needed !
no explination needed !
P1120538.JPG (119.75 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
looking back to the old section
looking back to the old section
P1120537.JPG (196.13 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
part of the new section  on  the extention , all ready crouded , need to extend again all ready !!
part of the new section on the extention , all ready crouded , need to extend again all ready !!
P1120534.JPG (154.78 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
a new lowii upp again
a new lowii upp again
P1120533.JPG (149.82 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
N.  maxima x fusca , this clone has held a lot of fusca in it , very  cool  pitcher , the latest picther is much bigger too
N. maxima x fusca , this clone has held a lot of fusca in it , very cool pitcher , the latest picther is much bigger too
P1120532.JPG (139.76 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
cephs  T/C ex -plants growing in  live sphag  over 50 plants in  here
cephs T/C ex -plants growing in live sphag over 50 plants in here
P1120528.JPG (144.92 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
U alpina
U alpina
P1120515.JPG (115.12 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
By Daniel_G
Wow!!!!!!
Every time i see your collection it makes me SO Jealous!
To be able to get such stunning neps with the equipment available to you is a true skill
I bow to the master!
By David F
Wow, that is so cool, do me a favor and do more of these updates, I love following all the awesome stuff you have to offer, knowledge wise and just material wise!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!