FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
Hey everyone,

I have some drosera seed I'm looking to rehome. I don't have much variety, nor many tubes available however the amount in some of the tubes should compensate for the lack of choice. Now, some of the seed tubes available have different sizes (small, medium, large), this is basically a scale of how much seed is in each tube. You can get anywhere from 50 to upwards of 1000. I only have one of each tube so please be considerate and don't take a tube simply because it's the largest.

If you're new to growing from seed I recommend a small tube to get you started. Please be aware that I'm not charging for any of these but if I send them outside of the EU I cannot guarantee how long/if they ever arrive. I've sent seeds out to the USA without problems in the past however I'm sending these in (rather large) padded jiffy bags instead of regular envelopes. I also cannot guarantee the viability of any of the seeds. Some has been sitting in my fridge for a fair while but for the most part you shouldn't have a problem.

All right, let's see what's available... If you see things disappearing, it's because a tube has been claimed and I'm removing it from the list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drosera Capensis (Typical + Alba MIX)
Two tubes available: one medium, one large.
This seed was taken from my own plants grown on my windowsill. I mixed the typical and alba seed together to make it easier to store (and it's fun to see how many of each you get!), I have had successful germination from other seed taken from the same plants. Expect tiny seeds, slightly larger than of grains of salt and small amounts of plant litter.

Drosera Capensis
One tube available: one large.
This was a freebie with a grow kit order I made from a reputable carnivorous plant nursery. I cannot guarantee its viability. Similarily to the Drosera Capensis mix from my own plants, expect seeds slightly larger than grains of salt and small amounts of plant litter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PM me if you're interested but please do not send me your address until I have responded telling you you can have the seed. Make sure you tell me what species and tube size you're after. Now, I'm only allowing one tube per person in an attempt to make sure everyone gets an opportunity to acquire some of these seeds. It'll be a first come first serve type of thing.
Grey, Grey, Grey and 1 others liked this
By Grey
That's my pleasure, Darkrai.

Regarding shipping: I'm going to have all seeds sent out when each tube has been claimed (unless five days pass, then I'll send whatever has been claimed out and wait on the rest), so you may have a couple of days left before I either ask for your address or send you a shipping notice.
By stitz25b
do i have to pm you grey? im interested in the sphatulata or the mix
By Grey
I'm out of padded envelopes/jiffy bags, so any new requests will have to wait a couple days while I try to get some more. Next batch should go out Monday (tomorrow), and I may be able to get the envelopes then.
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!