FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By sativ
Hello

Some time ago i have translated to English mine home tissue culture manual. I wrote it in clear, easy words, everything is prepared to be as difficult as baking a cake ;) (but i have to add that apple pie is still a challange for me, in contrast to 50% MS ;( )

http://www.greenspot.pl/en_US/p/file/f4 ... ab_ENG.pdf

It is based on simpliest TC kit what we sell, but can be adopted easily to work with other products, also bought separately. Inside are also tested sterylisation proccedures we use, concentrations of MS medium with needed hormones.
I'm currently preparing bigger one version for our big, MASTER, kit- if there is something what You would like to read about inside-please write.

Greetings
Witek
sativ, sativ, sativ and 1 others liked this
By jwbates26
Thank you for this manual. I've never done tissue cultures before but wish to start soon. I glanced through the manual and it was very well written and easy to read. Once I get the opportunity to start TC's I'll defiantly refer back to this.
By snapperhead51
Thanks sativ for taking the time to make this into English version ,a lot of work , it was a great read and have very helpful procedures in there , easy to understand and relate to , ,thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge with us very much appreciated, for new and just getting started persons ( me )this is a great read to help with gaining some help in doing T/C ,I personally got a lot from it thanks
J
Last edited by snapperhead51 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ReefPlant
Thank You very much Sativ! Your work was not in vain, again for a beginner like me, these gems are hard to come by. Printed and added to the files...
Much appreciated! Thanks again!
By Visen
Sativ Excellent work! I bought a basic kit for tc greenspot.pl. I have to say I'm very happy and also with the tutorial, which is what convinced me to try the tc. I emerged a couple of questions and I would like to sit down.

I have prepared a portion of nacdd in 250ml of water to distill distillate nepenthes seeds. According to the tutorial is recommended 4 to 7 minutes and then washed. This is true? I have read many people it takes 20 minutes to bleach ...
How long can withstand the sterilizing agent? It must be kept in the fridge or I can keep in my glove-box?

I hope you do not mind much my doubts. Thank you very much for your help!
By sativ
Hello

All procedures are tested by me in lab- and used- this one for nepenthes is tested on more than 50 species ;) But i ahve to say- that when it comes to neps, they need some "love and patience" to cooperate, depending on source, freshness, drying method and storing [in pods/without pods] ;) Now i suggest also last washing for 15 min in stronger solution of inhibitor, that makes the method more reliable.

All methods are developing all time ;) so always You can just write to me.

NaDCC solution what is used for sterylisation have significantly stronger activity, so time can be shorter. When it comes to neps- they have very soft seedcoat so i avoid "watering" it too much, with hard- coated seeds like dionaea, with too long time effects wouldn't be very bad, with neps- it's easy to burn them.

20min for neps i think would be too much using any sterylising agent what uses chlorine compounds, even with 5% buffered bleach.

You can keep it in room temperature in Your pretty glovebox ;) We keep it all time in our LFH room, usually one 1l bath we make for one time last for 1-5 weeks depending on amount of seeds we have, we haven't observed yet any differences in activity.

Greetings

Witek
sativ, sativ liked this
By Visen
Thank you for answering sativa.

This afternoon I harvested some seeds sterile at the end of November and the time specified in the tutorial. I think he will be lucky. A greeting!
Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!