FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By WORMSS
Mysterious Disappearance of.... ME...

Hello, it seems a few people are missing me...
especially Gio :D awwwwhh isn't that cute :D

So, quick update:
- Reasons for not being here: I wake up, go to work, come back, talk to girlfriend on Skype, go to bed, wake up go to work, ect ect ect.
It's hard to be the "Chat Overlord" when preoccupied on webcam. [Stop thinking dirty things].

- Main plant: Dead, don't think it survived the re-potting I did, I think it was just shock of actually being replanted AND being put outside instead of my desk.

- Seedlings: I cut back the moss [YAY], then went to my girlfriends for the weekend, come back and, I Kid you not, it was JUNGLE environment, 100% humidity, 30°C+... basically the Light was on the whole time I was away. The air was quite choking when I taken the cover off, and the moss was BACK with a vengeance. I actually found a weedling touching the top of the cover.. in 3 Days!!!
I'm thinking of repotting the seedlings, but I've heard thats a bad thign.

- New batch of seedlings: My uncle's VFT has just brought up about 7 stalks, and asked if I wanted the seeds, Of course I said yes, I will use my Divided Tray Slots this time, so I can see what has grown and what hasn't.
Advice on retrieving the seeds???? what to do/what not to do/ect????
Does anyone know where Steve's cool little "life cycle of the seedstalks" photo is? just so I know exactly WHEN to do stuff?
By NZL
Welcome back WORMSS

I think you're looking for this?
http://www.flytrapranch.com/photos/albu ... uction.jpg
all rights of this pic belong to Steve ofcourse, so I just linked it ;).
By Matt
Colin! The "Chat Overlord" is back! I was really starting to get worried about you. Glad to hear your ok...sorry to hear about the work schedule.

It sounds like you're going to get a lot of seeds from your uncle, but don't forget that Steve is also giving away a packet of seed to every flytrapcare member.
By lemonlily
Well I never thought of any dirty things... but I always saw you online! Whether you, yourself is there or not.
Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!