FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By MichaelG
I just ordered a Wacky Traps (literally did a happy dance and posted a Facebook status about it when I saw the FTS had some for sale!) and a small Mystery box (just for the heck of it).

I'm excited!!

Every single plant I've ordered from the FTS has thrived (unless I did something wrong :oops: ) so I'm very excited to see what comes in the mail!
By Dubstep13
niiice goood buy there Michael
i Ordered
Mature typical
Mature Fang
Seed Grown
and Mysterybox :)
i cant wait as well good luck lets post up pics later
By knights
i hate being in the UK sometimes :lol:
congrats on your great order
By MichaelG
I certainly will post pictures when the plants get here! I'm very excited. You guys should have seen my happy dance when I saw the Wacky Traps in the store. I've been salivating about it for years.
MichaelG, MichaelG liked this
By MichaelG
I got my plants today! It was actually a great day to get them- It's sunny, warm, and I had just gotten back from a $300 trip to the mall so I was in a wonderful mood anyway!

The Wacky Traps looks great! It's much larger than I expected, which is always a good thing. The Mystery Box consisted of 3 VFT clones and 2 beautiful seed grown VFTs! The clones were Jaws, Dentate, and Fang.

Thanks Matt!! Here are some pictures:

MichaelG liked this
By MichaelG
Matt, do I need to keep the Wacky Traps inside on a sunny window for a while? Usually I just throw everything out into the pool area and hope it doesn't burn too much, but I really want this one to thrive since I've wanted it for so long, and I know it may be a little more delicate than other flytraps.
By MichaelG
Also, I appreciate the Mystery Box being all the same type of plant! For some reason, I have issues with potting different species together, and I didn't want to add anything to my Sarracenia or Drosera pots.
By MichaelG
Nope, this one is a "young adult" isn't that crazy?
By bigred
If anything happens to the wacky post back. Of all my roughly hundred plants, the wacky is for some reason looking like it might die and has been looking that way since a few days after I got it.
By MichaelG
I know the Wacky Traps is supposedly more delicate, that's why I potted it by itself (so I can bring it inside to care for it more intensively without digging it up). I'll post if anything happens, but it looks GREAT!
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!